Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else put peanut butter on pancakes with syrup? My husband does. I don't get it. I think it was just a way his mother got inexpensive protein into 4 kids on a small budget. She also made "UFOs" out of fried bologna topped with a scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy.

I put PB&J on dry waffle (no syrup) for a snack.

If you're serving me pancakes on the same plate as eggs and meat you'd better not get any syrup on anything but the pancakes.

I can count the number of times I've eaten pancakes on one hand and not need my thumb. I was never a fan of pancakes, waffles or french toast because I'm not a fan of syrup. Or maybe I just don't like sweet for breakfast. I'm OK with syrup as a ham glaze.

OK NOT a dislike but when I make my corn and bacon waffles we eat them with syrup hot. When cold we make PB&J sandwiches with them or just eat cold with a touch of honey.

If you're serving me pancakes on the same plate as eggs and meat you'd better not get any syrup on anything but the pancakes.

Wow, Andy, I love a bite of pancake with a little egg yolk on it and some maple syrup on it also. A unique and distinctive flavor that I really like.

The only way I like pancakes is smotherd in syrup. Anything else on the plate is floating in the syrup also. yum city!:pig::pig::pig:

Wow, Andy, I love a bite of pancake with a little egg yolk on it and some maple syrup on it also. A unique and distinctive flavor that I really like.

The only way I like pancakes is smotherd in syrup. Anything else on the plate is floating in the syrup also. yum city!:pig::pig::pig:
I like sour cream and syrup on pancakes, waffles and french toast. To cut the sweet a bit.

Egg whites that aren't set make me gag and with syrup on the plate breakfast is over for me.
kades

Thanks msmoffet! I've never tried sour cream on them. I will on my next meal of them. I always have sour cream on hand!
Welcome also I sometimes add to the sour cream and syrup either strawberry or cherries preserves. I got this idea from IHOP's strawberry International (pancakes) years ago which were pancakes topped with strawberries and a dollop of sour cream and I love old fashioned maple syrup.

Egg whites that aren't set make me gag and with syrup on the plate breakfast is over for me.kades
I'm right there with you on raw egg snot.

Gag city! :sick::sick::sick:

I use very deep breakfast plates, just so I can float everything in syrup, so I guess you won't be eating breakfast with me!

At the time I had to do it it didn't seem wrong. If Mom said to do it! you did.
Now I think it's just gross hubby says it's just wrong!

Canned peas, drained, canned pineapple drained, add a whole lot of miracle whip.
Mix it all together.
Pease and pineapple, served on the side. :eek:

I'm right there with you on raw egg snot.

Gag city! :sick::sick::sick:

I use very deep breakfast plates, just so I can float everything in syrup, so I guess you won't be eating breakfast with me!
Oh I use plenty of syrup I just don't like eggs floating in it. when I eat a waffle or french toast it swims:LOL: I'll be over set a plate for me.
kades

Oh I use plenty of syrup I just don't like eggs floating in it. when I eat a waffle or french toast it swims:LOL: I'll be over set a plate for me.
kades

At home, I use separate plates for the sweet and the savory. Earlier in this thread, I stated I didn't like sweet sauces on savory foods. this is just an extension of that.

At home, I use separate plates for the sweet and the savory. Earlier in this thread, I stated I didn't like sweet sauces on savory foods. this is just an extension of that.
Nice way to eat savory and sweet. I really hate eggs doing the back stroke on my plate I'll try your way the dishwasher isn't being used much around here. Thanks Andy
kades

Not a big fan of fruits and nuts in my savory dishes.
Cooked carrots should not be paired with anything other than the trash can.
One of my dogs thinks canned food shouldnt be paired with dry dog food.

I don't eat pancakes/waffles/French toast often. But now that I don't have to struggle from paycheck to paycheck, I really, really prefer real maple syrup. I buy a locally made product and find it far less sweet (and more flavorful) than "maple-flavored syrup". I got this taste from my mom, whose father used to tap maples when she was a child. We never had it growing up, and as a child I probably wouldn't know the difference. Now I buy it (and bourbon fudge from Gethsemani) for her & Dad every holiday season and she "hides" it from the rest of the family. With lots of teenaged grand-kids, and a BIL or two, who would gobble it and not appreciate the difference, she saves it for when she and Dad are alone!

And yes, I love the syrup with the breakfast sausages, bacon, or ham. It goes so well with the smoky flavors.

love real maple syrup too. but my diet calls for no sugar syrup so i buy log cabin. definitely not the same but have to do it. i don't mind syrup on my egg and almost always have an egg with pancakes, or french toast. only syrup that is disgusting to me in this combo is blueberry. makes a really scary color.

Ricotta is just cottage cheese with a fancy name IMO...
Says you! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I love cottage cheese in my lasagna and hate ricotta in anything. :sick:

I like most combinations, but one I can think of that I can't imagine is savory flavored ice cream.

I love cheese, and I like fish, but I don't care for cheese on any fish dish.

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom