Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can count the number of times I've eaten pancakes on one hand and not need my thumb. I was never a fan of pancakes, waffles or french toast because I'm not a fan of syrup. Or maybe I just don't like sweet for breakfast. I'm OK with syrup as a ham glaze.

I'm the opposite. I love maple syrup on breakfast pancakes, but I loathe sweet ham glaze.

One of my dogs thinks canned food shouldn't be paired with dry dog food.

My cat is like that! One day, I added one of those tiny cans of wet cat food with "gravy" to his dry food thinking "He'll think this is a treat", well, the little so-n-so turned his little grey nose up at it and walked away without even trying it. Is that weird or what?

My cat is like that! One day, I added one of those tiny cans of wet cat food with "gravy" to his dry food thinking "He'll think this is a treat", well, the little so-n-so turned his little grey nose up at it and walked away without even trying it. Is that weird or what?

He's a cat. He's weird. What else is new?

:ROFLMAO:

All the animal talk, thought this was funny

img_1071398_0_64a0d529f4ed75516ccb87b8c1619678.png

chopper said:
Popcorn flavored jelly belly jelly beans. Yuk!

They aren't bad, Chopper. The nasty ones are the Harry Potter Bertie Bott's, like sausage, ketchup, ear wax (!) , etc.

Dawgluver said:
They aren't bad, Chopper. The nasty ones are the Harry Potter Bertie Bott's, like sausage, ketchup, ear wax (!) , etc.

Well...I'm not going there!

Oooo! Its nice to see I'm not alone in some of my dislikes.

Pineapple on pizza
Sweet with savory is usually not good with me.
Some fruits with meat baffle me. I do not get the pork/apple thing at all

Pineapple with chicken is bad news for me. Digestively.

Apple and Pork are paired because Apples are fall fruit and Pork is (was) killed in the fall, at least here in the USA.:chef:
Pig slaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scroll down to Traditional autumn activity.

Last edited:
Popcorn flavored jelly belly jelly beans. Yuk!

I agree, I bit into one once and it made me sick, literally. I don't even buy those gourmet jelly beans anymore. You can't hardly tell the odd ones from the good ones, the coloring is so close...:mad:

Fruit and cream. They don't belong together!

Apple and Pork are paired because Apples are fall fruit and Pork is (was) killed in the fall, at least here in the USA.:chef:
Pig slaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scroll down to Traditional autumn activity.

I didn't mean that I didn't know the origin, what I meant was that it just makes no sense to me to eat fruit and meat together. Sorry PattY. Thanks for the history thing though, I like all that trivia stuff.

I didn't mean that I didn't know the origin, what I meant was that it just makes no sense to me to eat fruit and meat together. Sorry PattY. Thanks for the history thing though, I like all that trivia stuff.
I used to think fruit and meat together sounded horrible, but then I remembered that we were raised eating pork roast with applesauce. Some combinations sound strange to me, but I love to take a bite of pork roast along with applesauce. A friend made a pork, apple, and onion dish once that was really good. I also love to take a bite of cranberry sauce with a bite of turkey. Try a little applesauce with pork roast sometime. You might be surprised! :flowers:

I just provided that because a lot of people do not make the connection with seasonal food and meals. I had this conversation with a few people before and I was really shocked that they had no clue. I personally don't eat the fruit and meat together, just in the same meal. IE Fried Apples and Pork Chops on the same plate not on each other!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom