Company's Comin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's a lot of people for that size condo. Make ahead? For meals bake a ham and a turkey (better yet if you smoke/grill). Can be made into hundreds of options, Casseroles to sandwiches, all meals, snacks. Can be served warmed or cold. Very versatile.

Call Addie and me if you need kitchen reinforcements!!

But those crazy family get togethers are usually the best kind, so have fun!

I love doing prep work. And it will be good to see Jenny again. I'll come with my scooter and let the kids all have a ride. I will even be glad to make that Hershey's Chocolate Cake and frosting. :angel:

I love doing prep work. And it will be good to see Jenny again. I'll come with my scooter and let the kids all have a ride. I will even be glad to make that Hershey's Chocolate Cake and frosting. :angel:

That's very generous of you Addie. I want the first ride!

It would be nice to see Jen again but I think we're all set. SO has a sister in the next town over who is having a big family reunion Saturday so that's one day taken care of. SO's daughter has a friend who has a pizza place in NH so we're going there for a meal. You get the idea.

That's very generous of you Addie. I want the first ride!

It would be nice to see Jen again but I think we're all set. SO has a sister in the next town over who is having a big family reunion Saturday so that's one day taken care of. SO's daughter has a friend who has a pizza place in NH so we're going there for a meal. You get the idea.

And you would get the first BIG slice of the cake. :angel:

When does everyone start rolling in?

SO's daughter and two sons (21 yo and 10 yo) arrive this afternoon by car. Her husband (my only male guest-we keep each other sane) arrives tonight by plane. SO's sister and granddaughter arrive by car sometime Saturday.

That's nice and spread out. It will let things get back on an even keel between arrivals (as much as can be expected).

Sadly, the weather isn't cooperating. We had several outdoor things planned but they could be a problem depending on when the thunder showers happen every day.

It's pathetic here today. And was yesterday, too. Just when you think it's letting up a downpour lets loose. Some real boomers, too.
And likely will be like this into next week, though MA seems to have different weather than states directly east of PA.

It's pathetic here today. And was yesterday, too. Just when you think it's letting up a downpour lets loose. Some real boomers, too.
And likely will be like this into next week, though MA seems to have different weather than states directly east of PA.

That must be one big weather system. That's what we're getting here, near Montreal, too.

That must be one big weather system. That's what we're getting here, near Montreal, too.

Was there another hurricane/tropical storm I didn't hear about? Large weather pattern is right. It even caused my Luna moth to fly away this morning :(

We have a small townhouse condo. Two bedrooms, one and a half baths, living room, a standing room only kitchen and dining area. Half the basement area is finished. All told, around 1,500 square feet not counting the 8x12 deck off the dining area. Just the right size for SO and me.

Most of SO's family lives in Florida. We see her daughter and SIL with a kid or two in Aruba every year. Beyond that it's hit or miss. They've been here for Christmas a couple of times and the kids have visited on their own over the years.

This weekend, daughter, son-in-law, three grandchildren ranging in age from 10-21 and a sister and coming to visit and they're all staying with us!

SO has the sleeping arrangements all worked out. Lots of air beds and sofas called into action. It's going to be SRO at the dinner table.

I start cooking tomorrow. SO wants me to make stuff ahead so I don't have to be cooking all the time they are here. Not sure how that's going to work but eating out is involved.

I'm really glad they're coming because I enjoy them all and don't see them enough.

It could be even more hectic and snug, SO's son and his new bride canceled. They're coming later in the month.

At least the deck will look nice.
Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I envy you. My family circle are scattered round the country now and with the oldies dropping off their perches we don't all get together these days except for funerals..

Was there another hurricane/tropical storm I didn't hear about? Large weather pattern is right. It even caused my Luna moth to fly away this morning :(

You are finally getting what were were getting the last two weeks...I want it back, PLEASE!!!

You can have it back! It was sunny for two hours yesterday before the sun went down and I again thought, It's finally leaving. Nope. We've got a nice steady rain that's been falling since I got up an hour ago.
Not a good weekend for entertaining if you're under this cloud, but I'm sure Andy will find something for the crew to do.

Supposed to get up to 98F...Have to wait until the sun gets to the other side of the building so I can enjoy outside. It will still be too hot, but I need to replace the basket on my bike.

We have had three family get togethers. One was with all the members of my sisters family as well as mine. For just the two of us, we sure did create one heck of a large family. The last one was to plan my funeral. It was a couple of years ago on the July 4th weekend. We had a blast. It was just my four kids, my SIL, myself and three of my 18 g'children. Fortunately, everyone lived within driving or walking distance, so there were no sleepovers. :angel:

My guests just left the day before yesterday. We had a very pleasant week-long visit. I took her to my exercise classes, we did the cheese thing, they met all our friends at our favorite "third place". I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

My guests just left the day before yesterday. We had a very pleasant week-long visit. I took her to my exercise classes, we did the cheese thing, they met all our friends at our favorite "third place". I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Sounds like it was quite a success. :angel:

"the cheese thing"?

Back
Top Bottom