Company's Comin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have a small townhouse condo. Two bedrooms, one and a half baths, living room, a standing room only kitchen and dining area. Half the basement area is finished. All told, around 1,500 square feet not counting the 8x12 deck off the dining area. Just the right size for SO and me.

Most of SO's family lives in Florida. We see her daughter and SIL with a kid or two in Aruba every year. Beyond that it's hit or miss. They've been here for Christmas a couple of times and the kids have visited on their own over the years.

This weekend, daughter, son-in-law, three grandchildren ranging in age from 10-21 and a sister and coming to visit and they're all staying with us!

SO has the sleeping arrangements all worked out. Lots of air beds and sofas called into action. It's going to be SRO at the dinner table.

I start cooking tomorrow. SO wants me to make stuff ahead so I don't have to be cooking all the time they are here. Not sure how that's going to work but eating out is involved.

I'm really glad they're coming because I enjoy them all and don't see them enough.

It could be even more hectic and snug, SO's son and his new bride canceled. They're coming later in the month.

At least the deck will look nice.

Breakfast casseroles, lunches are find your own, dinners out or Andy cooks a couple. Sounds like you will have a busy time. Have fun.

Ykies Andy! The biggest question is, how long are they staying?

Friday through Wednesday. We have field trips planned to Gloucester and Boston to get us all out of the house during the day. We're all going to SO's sister's for a cookout Saturday with other family coming in from MA and ME.

Our daughter has a GF from high school who has a pizza joint in NH so one meal will be there.

I hope the weather is beautiful for their stay. That always seems to alleviate congestion if people can mingle around outdoors, too.
Sounds like an exciting time.

For family gettogethers, I always made sure there were plenty of salad veggies, lunch meat, cheese and bread. Potato salad and jello. People could have lunch at their leisure.

Piece of cake Andy, piece of cake. That's 2 pieces. One is for hoping how smoothly it all goes for you all and that you have a grand get together, the 2nd is a calorie free virtual piece to share with your SO, just because you deserve it. :)

I hope the weather is beautiful for their stay. That always seems to alleviate congestion if people can mingle around outdoors, too.
Sounds like an exciting time.

Thanks Fred. If it's nice out we can send them all to the pool too.

Sounds like fun Andy! Yeah it'll be tight quarters but sometimes that can create some pretty awesome memories! Have a wonderful time!

We have a small townhouse condo. Two bedrooms, one and a half baths, living room, a standing room only kitchen and dining area. Half the basement area is finished. All told, around 1,500 square feet not counting the 8x12 deck off the dining area. Just the right size for SO and me.

Most of SO's family lives in Florida. We see her daughter and SIL with a kid or two in Aruba every year. Beyond that it's hit or miss. They've been here for Christmas a couple of times and the kids have visited on their own over the years.

This weekend, daughter, son-in-law, three grandchildren ranging in age from 10-21 and a sister and coming to visit and they're all staying with us!

SO has the sleeping arrangements all worked out. Lots of air beds and sofas called into action. It's going to be SRO at the dinner table.

I start cooking tomorrow. SO wants me to make stuff ahead so I don't have to be cooking all the time they are here. Not sure how that's going to work but eating out is involved.

I'm really glad they're coming because I enjoy them all and don't see them enough.

It could be even more hectic and snug, SO's son and his new bride canceled. They're coming later in the month.

At least the deck will look nice.

Call Addie and me if you need kitchen reinforcements!!

But those crazy family get togethers are usually the best kind, so have fun!

Thanks, Jabbur and Jen. It will be fun. Just a little claustrophobic. I enjoy the adults and the children so I'm not worried. SO will be nutso during their stay. I just have to be cool (as in calm, not as in cool dude).

good luck, andy.

nothin' better than a family get-together. those are times and meals you'll remember forever.

make sure you take some pics.

of the family, too. ;)

Thanks, Jabbur and Jen. It will be fun. Just a little claustrophobic. I enjoy the adults and the children so I'm not worried. SO will be nutso during their stay. I just have to be cool (as in calm, not as in cool dude).

I'm sure that you can handle both Andy!;)

Back
Top Bottom