"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candocook
We swear by CompUSA. Shop online--and on their Sunday sales.
Dell has even gotten Sixty Minutes' attention for poor service and computers. And there is no doubt, they set the standard for a while.
This just goes to show how different people can have such vastly different experiences.

I would rate CompUSA as the absolute worst place to ever get anything having to do with computers. The last company I worked for had a deal with CompUSA so I would go there every once in a while. Here as some of the idiotic things the sales people there tried to tell me...

Quote:
Photoshop is a horrible program that destroys your photographs. The program does not work well and no one is smart enough to know how to use it anyway.
Quote:
You can use any program on a Mac even if it says it only works on a PC. Microsoft has just made it seem like you can't so you buy a PC instead of a Mac
Quote:
The amount of RAM you have does not affect how well your computer runs. It is the size of the drive that matters
Quote:
you can download just as fast from a dial up modem as you can from cable as long as you have a good enough modem
You could not pay me to step foot inside one of their stores ever again. I feel they pray of people who do not know any better and trust what they say.