Computer Experts Can You Answer This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you write zeros over every bit on a HDD, there is absolutely never left to recover.

As for your second point, I couldn't agree more. This is supposed to be a holiday weekend. Let's go cook something.

First point, I reiterate, do it several times on the whole drive, at least if you don't want the forensics guys to get it.

Second point, thanks, I did. Herbed lamb chops, compound butter, LO roasted potatoes and corn. Quick and delicious! Enjoy the weekend, jet!

Well, here's another question for you computer experts out there. I just recently had my computer repaired (had a nasty virus taken out) and now my mouse icon is working in slow mo. When I move my mouse, the mouse icon takes 2 or 3 seconds to respond whereas it was instantaneous before. It only happens when I'm on the net or going through my e-mails (which is probably part of the net also). Is there anything I can do to fix this myself, or do I take it back in to where I had it fixed earlier? It seems as if I've had this problem before but can't remember how it's done, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, here's another question for you computer experts out there. I just recently had my computer repaired (had a nasty virus taken out) and now my mouse icon is working in slow mo. When I move my mouse, the mouse icon takes 2 or 3 seconds to respond whereas it was instantaneous before. It only happens when I'm on the net or going through my e-mails (which is probably part of the net also). Is there anything I can do to fix this myself, or do I take it back in to where I had it fixed earlier? It seems as if I've had this problem before but can't remember how it's done, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Go to control panel (start, control panel) and click on the mouse icon. In there you can find settings to change your mouse's response time.
Shadow BD.

You could also be CPU bound. If you bring up task manager with CTRL-ALT-DEL and order by CPU usage then replicate the process, see if one of the spikes to 90-100% usage. If it does, that could be the problem.

Thanks for the tips. My mouse feels as if it's running better with a few minor hiccups now. If it doesn't completely solve this and clear up I might try the other one.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom