Computer Guru that likes cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry

Senior Cook
OR visa Versa..
There was a fellow that signed on and offerd computer help.
I did not keep his name.
Now I have a problem that he could problably help me on.
Any one that has his name please advise me,

TIA,
Charlie

I'm not the fellow you are specifically talking about, but I know there are several of us "Computer Geeks" that frequent DiscussCooking.com and would be glad to help..

What kind of troubles are you having?

-Brad

Print Error

candelbc said:
I'm not the fellow you are specifically talking about, but I know there are several of us "Computer Geeks" that frequent DiscussCooking.com and would be glad to help..

What kind of troubles are you having?

-Brad
Thanks Brad,
A friend was getting a Script Error when trying to print itmes from the internet. (Ancestry.com)
I had read quite a few post on SmartComputing.com and wanted a second opinion.
The concisus there was to uninstall and re-install MSIE.
That made me think for a while?? If I remeove IE "How do I get on line to D/L the reinstall".

The process is to D/L the reinstall version to a temp file, then delete the origial version - get the reinstall from the temp file and run it.

However, Her daughter found a clip form Ancestory.com that there were problems in printing and they had a patch to install that would take care of the script error.
Se did it and it seems tobe working O.K. for now.

Thanks for your concern.

Charlie

Glad to hear that it's all fixed.. Usually, before uninstalling IE, I will either download an installer, or, Mozilla's Firefox. From experience, even after Uninstalling IE, it's still there.. You can still browse the internet using Microsoft Explorer..

Either way, glad it is resolved..

-Brad

good to know that you're a computer helper, candlebc!
I've got a question for you, if that's okay:
I usually am on firefox, and only go to my aol if I need to check emails. On aol, quicktime works fine, but on firefox, I only get the Q with a question mark. I'm assuming firefox blocks it, but don't know how to unblock.
Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom