"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I don't think that it's you, many many people hate windows 8, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Seems like every OTHER version of windows is good. Windows 98 good, Windows ME bad, Windows XP good, Windows Vista not so great, Windows 7 great, Windows 8 terrible.
I didn't think Win 7 was so wonderful, but I detest Win 8. It apparently pretends to be faster by running in the background when you switch it off. I'm still trying to figure out how to do a soft reboot.

I hate that it keeps popping over to the start screen when the cursor accidentally moves too far to the right.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I didn't think Win 7 was so wonderful, but I detest Win 8. It apparently pretends to be faster by running in the background when you switch it off. I'm still trying to figure out how to do a soft reboot.

I hate that it keeps popping over to the start screen when the cursor accidentally moves too far to the right.
I've had great luck with windows 7, it's been very stable. I have it running on my server, home theater PC and two laptops.

With that said, this laptop previously had Vista and I had really no issues with it, and didn't understand what all of the hubub was all about. I know that it was a bit of a resource hog, but for its time this laptop was more than powerful enough to handle it. Now it's a bit long in the tooth and runs 7, actually smoother than Vista, so I'm thinking that 7 is a bit more efficient than Vista.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote