"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
Master Chef

Hey, I found this. Is your email account, hotmail?? That may be the culprit.
windows vista mail Windows Mail ... encoding/mime problems in sent e-mails

Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Stacy, in win mail, as you describe there is tools, options, then send tab... only the choice of HTML or plain text, with some options on encoding...

I tried them all, with (strangely) no changes...

I thought it odd that I could attatch small text or even small PDF, so I re-sized a few jpegs down to under 20kb, and now they go as well...

I am on Road Runner from Time Warner... perhaps they have cut back the size of attatchments, they allow... but Gosh, 20 kb is tiny...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggler View Post
Stacy, in win mail, as you describe there is tools, options, then send tab... only the choice of HTML or plain text, with some options on encoding...

I tried them all, with (strangely) no changes...

I thought it odd that I could attatch small text or even small PDF, so I re-sized a few jpegs down to under 20kb, and now they go as well...

I am on Road Runner from Time Warner... perhaps they have cut back the size of attatchments, they allow... but Gosh, 20 kb is tiny...

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.
That is strane. Most of mine will max at 2 megs. I would call TW and see if there is something that can be changed.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Not to go off topic but wasn't that the last name of LT's last girlfriend? Hey, he said it, not me!!!
LOLOL. sweet action. My new girls name ends with .mov
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
Head Chef

i use vista BUT im a thunderbird guy.

Is it just pics coming in or ones you send out? If it is just for ones coming in, it might be the person sending them to you. they may have changed there settings lately and maybe winamil is having issues with it. Try sending a jpg to your winmail account from a gmail or comcast account.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #16
Sous Chef

I can't help you-but my grandson (2nd grade) gets out of school at 3:00-I'll ask him. He probably knows
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Sous Chef

I think I have determined it is just my copy of Winmail.

I sent some large attachments from my other computer (it uses Outlook), and received them fine. I also used "webmail" from my provider, it sent large attachments fine.

So it's only when I send mail from my Winmail that I have problems...any thing over 20kb, gets broken into multiple emails full of the "asci"? characters...

I'm stumped, Eric, Austin Tx.

ps. Is there a particular reason to use all these other email programs? Gmail, Hotmail, Thunderbird?
perhaps I have just found it...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
Head Chef

i strictly use thunderbird because i have an IMAP server and domain server for the company. so it saves all the email. Using a client is faster than web based mail at times. Email clients are more customizable and can do alot more things.

on the other hand, i use gmail and comcast because i can use them as a online storage for movies/music and what ever files i want. I would rather use gmail than hotmail or yahoo. Thats just me. Im an open source kinda guy..