Concerts you have recently gone to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh this will be MUCH different than the symphony ITK. Be prepared to stand. Depending on the crowd people either sit (like at the symphony) or everyone stands. You will not have to worry about video cameras most likely as those are not allowed in.

Wear comfortable cloths and comfy shoes. If it is outside then bring layers. be prepared to pay an arm and a leg and another arm for food and drinks inside the venue. Be prepared for it to be loud. You may even want to bring cottom balls or ear plugs to put in yoru ears just in case.

GB, thanks you always take time to understand me. I will surely do as you suggest. Since it is in Chicago and gas so high we are t aking the train which will t ake us all day to get there from ST. Louis. Plane was out of question since like you said paying arm and leg is really truth. Now if we want to eat something or drink, better consider going to restroom (unless charge there too) to get some water from faucet if get too warm. Standing? Gee, this is really making me wonder if I am up to this. I guess got no choice if the entertainer stands all the while guess the audience does the same. GB, you know who George Michael is? I know there are stories but that is none of my business. I just like his music. Well, I am looking forward to it in one way but I could accept watching him on tv. Thanks GB. Least have idea and I will bring the cotton balls. Or do they sell them too?

George Michael, as in the guy from Wham ?, Duo with Elton John ' dont let the sun go down on me' ? " wake me up, before you go go " ?? if thats the guy, then yes i know who he is. If it is another George Michael, then Im stumped

I saw John Cougar, course, he's just John Mellancamp now! LOL that was in 1986!!LOL
Best one I ever went to!

We just went to the Styx/Boston show on Saturday night (6/28) here in Vegas. Inexpensive tickets brought a big crowd (around 10,000) to a good, olde-fashioned arena rock show. Great stuff!

Loud reminds me of a concert I took my oldest daughter to back 17 yrs ago. It was New Kids on the Block. The screaming from all the girls was deafening. I remember wishing I had earplugs then.

Yep I know George Michael. I listened to Wham in the 80's and then his solo stuff too.

ITK, most concerts will let you bring bottled water in as long as it is not opened. You can save some money that way. Not all allow it though so be prepared to throw it out if they tell you it can't come in. Best bet is to just bring a backpack and put your water and food and warm clothes in it and chances are they will let you in without really checking.

Bring your own cotton balls. Some places sell ear plugs, but ANYTHING you buy there is cost a ton more than if you buy it before you get there.

HA HA HA!!!! Nope, don't think you would catch me dead at that one! I'm still pondering tho!

Ok, I have a scrap book and I have all my concert ticket stubs. Looking through them all, I noticed that I have notes written on them. Things that happened during the concert, people we met, if the show was good or not....

Just so happens that on the Motley Crue / Y&T concert stub, I wrote "show sucked"!

We also recently saw Billy Joel at Mohegan Sun in CT in May. We don't go to concerts as often as we used to, but most recently we've seen....

Billy Joel
Celtic Women
Aerosmith
Billy Joel & Elton John
Shania Twain

Hubby and I have eclectic tastes.

Oh Larry, we're kinfolk. I took my daughter to Air Supply years ago and loved it. My hairdresser girlfriend and I decided it'd be a fun thing to do. She took her little sister. We sat front row center and our daughter was called up on stage, she is beautiful and seeing her being swooned over, was so cute and they were making a video that night that she is on, so pretty neat. Loved them and their music, okay, so I'm nuts. Now don't get me started about Barry. As I've stated before on here somewhere, I adore him..............husband took me for our anniversary to Vegas to see him and although he did look at his watch, he did also have to say that he puts on a wonderful show.

My current favorite is a group of men, whom I've seen in concert 9 times over the last 2 1/2 years. Am I a groupie? Ya think?:LOL:

My current favorite is a group of men, whom I've seen in concert 9 times over the last 2 1/2 years. Am I a groupie? Ya think?:LOL:
If 9 times over 2 1/2 year qualifies you as a groupie then what am I? I saw my favorite band an average of 15 times a year for 11 years :LOL::wacko::LOL:

Well, I guess I should change my reply to some of my most famous concerts...

Elton John
Ozzy
Green Day
Kiss
Boston
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
3 Doors Down
White Zombie
Poison
Judas Priest
Alice Cooper

And a lot of late 80's/early 90's hair bands!

Well, I guess I should change my reply to some of my most famous concerts...

Elton John
Ozzy
Green Day
Kiss
Boston
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
3 Doors Down
White Zombie
Poison
Judas Priest
Alice Cooper

And a lot of late 80's/early 90's hair bands!

Yep girl, I'm with you on most of these!!!!

Just a quick plug for Bon Jovi.

Im not Their #1 fan, dont even own a cd, but
Bon Jovi was my nephews favorite band. As a child he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. A few years back, at the age of 11 he was in the hospital and for several months. MY brother was able to get in touch with John Bon Jovi and let him know the situation. Not only did he visit my nephew in the hospital, But he brought t-shirts for all the kids in the hospital unit where my nephew was staying, brought every cd bon jovi released, when they found out that my nephew didnt have a cd player in the hospital, they bough and brought a cd player for him, and when he was there with my nephew, my nephew told him that he liked his sun glasses and they were cool, so bon jovi handed them to him and told them to keep them. It wasnt a 5 minute hello, but he was there for hours.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for someone who does the right thing and goes way above what was expected.

My nephew died a few weeks later, but was at least able to experience this in his short life. In the jewish relgion, when someone dies, it is customary to send food to their house. Bon Jovi did this. Now , every year in July there is a Charity Benefit in honor of my nephew. Bon Jovi donates a signed guitar each year to be auctioned off. Its always the highest priced item to go. All the money is donated to help kids who are in the hospital have as nice of an experience as possible. Buying games, televisions, video games , anything to make it a more comfortable environment.

Just wanted to plug Bon Jovi for doing much much more than we expected.

** here is a pic of a poster that was presented at one of the charity benefits**

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom