"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
Chief Eating Officer

Oh this will be MUCH different than the symphony ITK. Be prepared to stand. Depending on the crowd people either sit (like at the symphony) or everyone stands. You will not have to worry about video cameras most likely as those are not allowed in.

Wear comfortable cloths and comfy shoes. If it is outside then bring layers. be prepared to pay an arm and a leg and another arm for food and drinks inside the venue. Be prepared for it to be loud. You may even want to bring cottom balls or ear plugs to put in yoru ears just in case.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #22
Executive Chef

GB, thanks you always take time to understand me. I will surely do as you suggest. Since it is in Chicago and gas so high we are t aking the train which will t ake us all day to get there from ST. Louis. Plane was out of question since like you said paying arm and leg is really truth. Now if we want to eat something or drink, better consider going to restroom (unless charge there too) to get some water from faucet if get too warm. Standing? Gee, this is really making me wonder if I am up to this. I guess got no choice if the entertainer stands all the while guess the audience does the same. GB, you know who George Michael is? I know there are stories but that is none of my business. I just like his music. Well, I am looking forward to it in one way but I could accept watching him on tv. Thanks GB. Least have idea and I will bring the cotton balls. Or do they sell them too?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #23
Head Chef

George Michael, as in the guy from Wham ?, Duo with Elton John ' dont let the sun go down on me' ? " wake me up, before you go go " ?? if thats the guy, then yes i know who he is. If it is another George Michael, then Im stumped
Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
Master Chef

I saw John Cougar, course, he's just John Mellancamp now! LOL that was in 1986!!LOL
Best one I ever went to!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Yep, he's the guy from Wham! and then later a solo artist. I really enjoyed seeing him on the first episode of "Eli Stone" and again on a later one.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Yep, he's the guy from Wham! and then later a solo artist. I really enjoyed seeing him on the first episode of "Eli Stone" and again on a later one.
Me too. I had to download that song just to hear it too!!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #27
Head Chef

We just went to the Styx/Boston show on Saturday night (6/28) here in Vegas. Inexpensive tickets brought a big crowd (around 10,000) to a good, olde-fashioned arena rock show. Great stuff!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #28
Head Chef

Loud reminds me of a concert I took my oldest daughter to back 17 yrs ago. It was New Kids on the Block. The screaming from all the girls was deafening. I remember wishing I had earplugs then.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #29
Chief Eating Officer

Yep I know George Michael. I listened to Wham in the 80's and then his solo stuff too.

ITK, most concerts will let you bring bottled water in as long as it is not opened. You can save some money that way. Not all allow it though so be prepared to throw it out if they tell you it can't come in. Best bet is to just bring a backpack and put your water and food and warm clothes in it and chances are they will let you in without really checking.

Bring your own cotton balls. Some places sell ear plugs, but ANYTHING you buy there is cost a ton more than if you buy it before you get there.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #30
Sous Chef

David Cassidy??

[quote=sattie;637067]OH OH OH.... you have me soooooo beat!!!!!! Rick is by far my most embarrassing!!! Now you got me thinking what my WORST concert ever was! I'll have to think on that a bit.