Concerts you have recently gone to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW what a stand up guy. I can't stand his music (but my wife loves him), but I have a new found respect of the highest accord for him. Thanks for sharing that story Larry. It is a shame what happened to your nephew. I am very sorry about that.

SOOOOOOO very thankful

GB I am so very thankful you took time to tell me not to expect to sit down. I questioned the family and they told me they just took for granted I would know. I was going to wear heels? Never, not if I st and the whole time. Why do they sell seats if everyone stands entire time? Well, if i do get to go I am thankful you explained to me what to expect. When I asked if someone was bringing cotton balls, they didn't respond. Probably NOT! I feel like I am in another planet, really. Just because I am starting to go places since they are not all at home, they can't understand that I don't know what to expect. just hope the place isn't dark that I can't see where I am going. We even don't have a place to stay till we leave next morning. Like when I was free, just have to 'wing it' I guess. I do feel like I am in a cave of some kind.

Thanks again

Depending on the concert some people sit. Also if there is an intermission people will be sitting then. It all depends on the concert though. If it is music that people like to dance to then they will be up and dancing probably.

It will be dark, but you will still be able to see what you are doing.

Cotton or ear plugs are not a necessity, but if you have sensitive ears they will help.

Don't worry about living in a cave. There are millions of experiences in the world. We can not go through all of them.

GB, only kind words I hear are ones that people say on this site. May think I am strange but in one way or another we all need love, right? Thanks again for your understanding and most of all compassion. I have never heard you say unkind thing to someone here. If I did live in a cave, I have faith you would not worry about visiting me there. Just kidding.

I bet you would keep a lovely cave :)

Have a great time at the concert and make sure to let us know how you liked it.

I've been to a few. I went to SARS rock when Toronto was crying because their economy was poop from people not wanting to visit because of SARS. There, I saw ACDC, Rolling Stones, gosh so many others, google it and you'll see. It was supposed to be a rock show and they had Justin Timberlake there in the evening before the bigger names, people threw water bottles at him lol.

I have seen U2 twice. If anyone has seen their video where they are playing on the back of a flatbed truck in New York City, I was one of the people running after them. My Mom and I were walking around the Rockefeller Center and she points with a wild look in her eyes, "Is that U2??" and I replied, "What???" She continued, "That's U2! Oh my God!" And we ran after them. We had our cameras because we were visiting. I also saw U2 in concert a few months later and got some nice shots, but here is one from when I saw them in NYC:

img_638672_0_3ca0d997628c59359d2c00b53d26f4d6.jpg

I have also seen Nickelback several times, as they are my favorite band.

img_638672_1_47594d6e0a7fb917296a9d0bf85c737a.jpg

I have also seen the band LIVE, the ones who sing Lightning Crashes.. that was a beautiful song when they sang it.. I was in the GA and was very close and got amazing shots of when he was singing it:

img_638672_2_44a50aa930ebda1f9a40a2d542c5da81.jpg

Also seen various bands like Daughtry.. I have seen others I can't remember at the moment.

And I think it's worth mentioning that my MOM is a Bon Jovi groupie... well, as close as you can get anyways!

She goes to any concert she can - she's even travelled as far as Atlanta, and is no stranger to going to the same show over two or three days numerous times.

The whole reason we were in NYC (when we saw U2 on the street) was so she could wait all night for a morning show to start that Jon Bon Jovi would be on playing like 5 songs. She came back about 11am and slept all day while I twiddled my thumbs lol

I usually wait for the bands to come to me. And what works in my benefit is that many of the bands I like are considered old timers now, so the demand is not as great, therefore easier to get tickets, smaller , more personal arenas. But, then there is Billy Joel, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and acts like that where I pay through the nose to get halfway descent seats. But for the few shows I go to a year, its worth it to me to sit up front and pay a few bucks more. Im too old to wait on lines or make call after call, just to get crappy seats.

Ooh, and I"ll be seeing Nickelback again, as well as Bryan Adams, along with a number of officially unannounced artists. For Quebec's 400th bday.

Back
Top Bottom