"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #31
Master Chef

HA HA HA!!!! Nope, don't think you would catch me dead at that one! I'm still pondering tho!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #32
Master Chef

Ok, I have a scrap book and I have all my concert ticket stubs. Looking through them all, I noticed that I have notes written on them. Things that happened during the concert, people we met, if the show was good or not....

Just so happens that on the Motley Crue / Y&T concert stub, I wrote "show sucked"!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #33
Senior Cook

We also recently saw Billy Joel at Mohegan Sun in CT in May. We don't go to concerts as often as we used to, but most recently we've seen....

Billy Joel
Celtic Women
Aerosmith
Billy Joel & Elton John
Shania Twain

Hubby and I have eclectic tastes.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Oh Larry, we're kinfolk. I took my daughter to Air Supply years ago and loved it. My hairdresser girlfriend and I decided it'd be a fun thing to do. She took her little sister. We sat front row center and our daughter was called up on stage, she is beautiful and seeing her being swooned over, was so cute and they were making a video that night that she is on, so pretty neat. Loved them and their music, okay, so I'm nuts. Now don't get me started about Barry. As I've stated before on here somewhere, I adore him..............husband took me for our anniversary to Vegas to see him and although he did look at his watch, he did also have to say that he puts on a wonderful show.

My current favorite is a group of men, whom I've seen in concert 9 times over the last 2 1/2 years. Am I a groupie? Ya think?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post

My current favorite is a group of men, whom I've seen in concert 9 times over the last 2 1/2 years. Am I a groupie? Ya think?
If 9 times over 2 1/2 year qualifies you as a groupie then what am I? I saw my favorite band an average of 15 times a year for 11 years
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #36
Head Chef

Well, I guess I should change my reply to some of my most famous concerts...

Elton John
Ozzy
Green Day
Kiss
Boston
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
3 Doors Down
White Zombie
Poison
Judas Priest
Alice Cooper

And a lot of late 80's/early 90's hair bands!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
If 9 times over 2 1/2 year qualifies you as a groupie then what am I? I saw my favorite band an average of 15 times a year for 11 years
Oh, I'd have gone many many many more times but the hubster said, nuh uh..............................
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Well, I guess I should change my reply to some of my most famous concerts...

Elton John
Ozzy
Green Day
Kiss
Boston
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
Linkin Park
3 Doors Down
White Zombie
Poison
Judas Priest
Alice Cooper

And a lot of late 80's/early 90's hair bands!
Yep girl, I'm with you on most of these!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Yep girl, I'm with you on most of these!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #40
Head Chef

Just a quick plug for Bon Jovi.

Im not Their #1 fan, dont even own a cd, but
Bon Jovi was my nephews favorite band. As a child he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. A few years back, at the age of 11 he was in the hospital and for several months. MY brother was able to get in touch with John Bon Jovi and let him know the situation. Not only did he visit my nephew in the hospital, But he brought t-shirts for all the kids in the hospital unit where my nephew was staying, brought every cd bon jovi released, when they found out that my nephew didnt have a cd player in the hospital, they bough and brought a cd player for him, and when he was there with my nephew, my nephew told him that he liked his sun glasses and they were cool, so bon jovi handed them to him and told them to keep them. It wasnt a 5 minute hello, but he was there for hours.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for someone who does the right thing and goes way above what was expected.

My nephew died a few weeks later, but was at least able to experience this in his short life. In the jewish relgion, when someone dies, it is customary to send food to their house. Bon Jovi did this. Now , every year in July there is a Charity Benefit in honor of my nephew. Bon Jovi donates a signed guitar each year to be auctioned off. Its always the highest priced item to go. All the money is donated to help kids who are in the hospital have as nice of an experience as possible. Buying games, televisions, video games , anything to make it a more comfortable environment.

Just wanted to plug Bon Jovi for doing much much more than we expected.

** here is a pic of a poster that was presented at one of the charity benefits**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	232323232fp58=ot>2335=8;-=;28=XROQDF>232373966-6-3ot1lsi.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	4483