Concerts you have recently gone to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
This weekend I attended two concerts. Billy Joel, up in Connecticut, and then Ringo (starr) and his all star band ( here on long island). Both I have seen in the past ( Billy at least 10 times, and Ringo one other time about 2 years ago.) Both were great shows. Billy played a few songs that he hasnt done in concert in years , which was nice. Although, I didnt feel he was able to get the crowd up on its feet as well as he did years ago. Ringo, has such a great, interactive personality. His band was great, and he had the crowd laughing, talking back and on its feet the whole night. I give both the thumbs up.

Just curious who else has recently been to a concert, and what they thought.

I went to see Billy Joel quite a few years ago when he was on tour with Elton John. They were both spectacular - an excellent show. The last concert I went to was Alanis Morissette, I think, or maybe John Mayer. Both were good, too.

Rick Springfield.... I'm embarrased to say. Nothing against Springfield... just not my type of music to buy tickets for!!!! But he was pretty good, surprisingly! The concert before that was Def Leppard, that is more my speed.

OMG, my sons went to see Rick Springfield in Vegas about 6 years ago. They went with their dad and he talked them into that versus Blue Man Group. (He still hasn't lived that one down!) Def Leppard - that would be awesome!

Def Leppard was not that bad... but then I was at the back of the plaza which made them look like little ants with hair bee-boppin around on stage! HA HA!

I went to a Judas Priest concert here in Munich, Germany last week.

Mel

Well, Sattie, I was tempted to start a "what was the most embarrassing concert you have ever been too" thread, I didnt. But, since your brought yours up, Ill list mine.

Most embarrassing:
Jack Wagner ( the guy from the soap opera). This was a good 20 + years ago. The only benefit was that out of the 3000 + fans there, the only two guys were me and my friend.

Air Supply A patient of mine, very old and sick. I did much of his work for free because I felt bad for him. He was a volunteer at a theater. For a thank you gift, he got me a gift certficate to his theater. I told my wife ( big mistake) and next thing I knew, we wre sitting 2nd row for Air Supply. I must admit, they were very good, and you knew all the songs. Just kinda hard to admit to, at least back then. Now, I Just dont care. And yes I do have their greatest hits album.

Barry Manilow This was another instance that I went to because of the wife. Ok Ok, I admit he also was musically good, and you knew every song. It felt more like a night club act than a big concert. And the audience consisted of 2 types of people. %50 were older women who were screaming, and yelling and crying for barry. The other %50 were their husbands who were consistantly checking their watches ( when they wernt sleeping) waiting for the time to go.

If I had to rank my favorite concert, ID probably say Stevie Wonder ( saw him in october), and Billy Joel ( in the prime of his career)

Most disappointing concert for me was probably Madonna ( 1990). Not that it was bad, I guess I just expected more considering her popularity. It seemed like more of a " show' than a concert

I guess I'm getting old. I haven't been to a concert for several years. The last one I went to though was excellent. AC/DC in Biloxi, MS.

Well, Sattie, I was tempted to start a "what was the most embarrassing concert you have ever been too" thread, I didnt. But, since your brought yours up, Ill list mine.

Most embarrassing:
Jack Wagner ( the guy from the soap opera). This was a good 20 + years ago. The only benefit was that out of the 3000 + fans there, the only two guys were me and my friend.

Air Supply A patient of mine, very old and sick. I did much of his work for free because I felt bad for him. He was a volunteer at a theater. For a thank you gift, he got me a gift certficate to his theater. I told my wife ( big mistake) and next thing I knew, we wre sitting 2nd row for Air Supply. I must admit, they were very good, and you knew all the songs. Just kinda hard to admit to, at least back then. Now, I Just dont care. And yes I do have their greatest hits album.

Barry Manilow This was another instance that I went to because of the wife. Ok Ok, I admit he also was musically good, and you knew every song. It felt more like a night club act than a big concert. And the audience consisted of 2 types of people. %50 were older women who were screaming, and yelling and crying for barry. The other %50 were their husbands who were consistantly checking their watches ( when they wernt sleeping) waiting for the time to go.

If I had to rank my favorite concert, ID probably say Stevie Wonder ( saw him in october), and Billy Joel ( in the prime of his career)

Most disappointing concert for me was probably Madonna ( 1990). Not that it was bad, I guess I just expected more considering her popularity. It seemed like more of a " show' than a concert

OH OH OH.... you have me soooooo beat!!!!!! Rick is by far my most embarrassing!!! Now you got me thinking what my WORST concert ever was! I'll have to think on that a bit.

But one of the best (apart from DIO and Iron Maiden... they always had the coolest stage setups!) was Billy Idol and The Cult. One of the best shows that I never expected!

Just went to see Dickie Betts and great southern 2 weeks ago at the Rams Head Tavern in Annapolis. Great concert, intimate setting.
Dickie actually came to our table before the concert started and appologised, because the music would be loud:LOL:

I have been to so few concerts since I had kids. I used to go to so many. I have seen probably about 600 or 700 concerts or more. I can not remember the last one I went to. I plan on taking my daughter to her first music festival this year though. It will be a very small one with local bands. We may even camp overnight if she is up for it.

Me, too, GB. Concerts are too loud for little ones, usually, so I don't get to go.

I remembered last night I had gone to one since Fisher was born - Leon Russell. I was really looking forward to it since I had seen him when he was with Joe Cocker way back in my wild youth. I don't know how the heck it happened, but Leon Russel got old!!!! It wasn't as good as I had hoped but it was a nice evening out.

Don't laugh! I am going to my FIRST concert July 9, in Chicago to see George Michael. anyone hear of him? Been around for pretty long time. Loved him when he was younger and still love to listen to his music. I have no clue what to expect or what to wear. Just hope I don't have rotten seats behind someone with large hat or worse photographers videotaping his show. They say this is his last so I look forward t o getting to see him cause then I can say I did go t o a concert. Been to the symphony but I think that is different classification?

One bad thing, will have to put all my dogs in kennel. Hope they don't give any problems. Sure not easy to handle. One 13 years old other two are puppies with one being a 'runner'. I will probably worry the whole time I am away. never do go far when I do go away.

Back
Top Bottom