"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #1041
Master Chef

Oh honey, I'm so very sorry!! You are such a pillar of strength and I hope you are able to continue to be so. John was lucky to have such a beautiful caring mom. God bless him!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #1042
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Marge, I'm so sorry, sending my love, thoughts, prayers, & deepest sympathy to you!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #1043
Master Chef

Marge; You know how I feel already. What I want to know is how you feel. How are you holding up? Of course the prayers still continue, but for you and your family. John is already in great hands. I pray that you and Sandy, and of course all of your family, are given the strength to continue. I know from your posts that you have a strong family, with many members who all love and care for each other. Let your strength be there for them. And let their strength lift you up.

I hope and pray that our support helps, just a little. You are loved around here.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #1044
DC Grandma

We are holding up so far. I don't think Sandie and the boys will really feel it until after the Service. My sister Caroli is flying in from Indiana Tuesday at 11:00 PM and has to leave on Friday morning.She will do the same for John as she did for Paul. As I have said before, she is a Hospice Chaplain..when she was out last month she Baptized John She did a beautiful service for Paul and I am sure she will do the same for John.
Sandie is a Elementary School Secretary and they called today to let her know that they are catering the food for the "Celebration of Life" for John.
Kevin and I drove to the small town of Newcastle Ca. to see where he will be laid to rest (with Sandies family) It is about a 30 minute drive for me since I don't drive on the freeway. Breaks my heart that he will be so far away but I understand (or I am trying to) It is so beautiful and quiet..not like here in the city,next to the Jr. High School he went to.Paul is there and so will I some day.
The Service will be at 1:00 PM Pacific time.
Please keep us all in your Prayers at this difficult time
Love to all
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #1045
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dear Marge. You certainly know that Buck and I are with you and Sandie through this challenging time.

You didn't say what day John's service is going to be. We would like to know so that we could be "with you" during that time. Buck and I will stop whatever we are doing and stand beside you in John's honor. Sending lots of love and support for all of you.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #1046
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
We are holding up so far. I don't think Sandie and the boys will really feel it until after the Service. My sister Caroli is flying in from Indiana Tuesday at 11:00 PM and has to leave on Friday morning.She will do the same for John as she did for Paul. As I have said before, she is a Hospice Chaplain..when she was out last month she Baptized John She did a beautiful service for Paul and I am sure she will do the same for John.
Sandie is a Elementary School Secretary and they called today to let her know that they are catering the food for the "Celebration of Life" for John.
Kevin and I drove to the small town of Newcastle Ca. to see where he will be laid to rest (with Sandies family) It is about a 30 minute drive for me since I don't drive on the freeway. Breaks my heart that he will be so far away but I understand (or I am trying to) It is so beautiful and quiet..not like here in the city,next to the Jr. High School he went to.Paul is there and so will I some day.
The Service will be at 1:00 PM Pacific time.
Please keep us all in your Prayers at this difficult time
Love to all
Marge
Marge, thirty minutes is not far away, and you said yourself that it is so beautiful and quiet. I'm sure if the distance is too far for you, then Kevin or Sandie will be happy to go to see John and Paul with you. Marge, I'm not clear on the date of the service, other than 1:00 pm pacific. My heart goes out to you sweetheart, and to all of your family, including Dove.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #1047
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Marge, thirty minutes is not far away, and you said yourself that it is so beautiful and quiet. I'm sure if the distance is too far for you, then Kevin or Sandie will be happy to go to see John and Paul with you. Marge, I'm not clear on the date of the service, other than 1:00 pm pacific. My heart goes out to you sweetheart, and to all of your family, including Dove.
I cannot recall your dogs name Marge, but I thought it is Dove?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #1048
DC Grandma

Amber, My little dog in the picture's name is Dove.The Name came with her. She was 13 month old when I adopted her. She will be 11 next April.

Paul is in the Cemetery just a few blocks above my home. It has been there for 126 years.

The date will be Wed, Nov. 21st. for John.

Paul's birthday is Nov. 20th. Thanksgiving is the 22nd and our 53rd Anniversary is the 23rd. The whole week will be filled with memories.
Marge

Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #1049
Senior Cook

Marge,

I'm relatively new to the site, but I wanted to offer you my condolences. No matter the circumstances, you are never prepared for the loss of a loved one. I had one brother who was murdered, and another who died of cancer. Both times it still felt like the wind was knocked out of me.

We do what has to be done to make preparations, but we know it's not us doing it. Inside, we're collapsing and falling apart, but no one on the outside can see that. It's as if someone is inside of us doing everything. And we know who that is. He props us up. He gets us through. He helps us to comfort those who are having a more difficult time. But, yet we know it's not us doing it.

After it's all over, and we're alone with our thoughts, we let go. He soothes us when we cry, and then He says enough for now. I went throught that over a period of time and I understand now that grieving is a process. And you have to go through it.. The operative word being through..He would say okay, you can cry now, and then He would say, enough for now.

Grief can overtake you and put a stranglehold on your life. Render you incapable of even taking care of yourself. But we have to be there for the living. We have to go on. We must go on. They need us.

You lost your husband, but you know what, you were still in love when he died. How many people can say that? You lost your son, but he died in the arms of a family who loved him. What a testimony. Many people die alone, Marge. Some even have families.

When you really love a person, they never die. They own a piece of your heart. The most comforting thing that I can say to you, is that they lived. What would your life have been like without them?

The pain and loss that you have endured, will bear fruit in the life of someone else. You'll be able to tell another person that they can get through it. That they can go on. Because you did. And you can tell them that they don't have to be strong, because He is.

People are watching you go through this and wondering how you're holding it together. And you can give them your testimony. Because there is no testimony without a test.

May God bless you exceedingly and abundantly above all you could ever ask or think. May the power of His love keep you strong and encouraged.

Toni
Old 11-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #1050
DC Grandma

Thank you Toni..that is exactaly how I feel. I couldn't have said it better.
Marge