Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kevin has been calling every couple of hours..he is breathing better and his heart rate is between 106 and 116 down from 150. Kev said to John "maybe in a few days you can go back to the third floor" John said " No way..I like it here better"

When they moved him I was thinking it was better for him to be in ICU where they monitored him closer. I guess someone else needed ICU more at that time.

I hope you all aren't getting tired of these updates. I just need someone to talk to and you are that someone.
Marge

Marge, we're here to listen & we all love you! Please continue to keep us updated so we can be by your side & support you with love, hugs, & prayers.

crewsk said:
Marge, we're here to listen & we all love you! Please continue to keep us updated so we can be by your side & support you with love, hugs, & prayers.
Ditto. Double ditto. Triple ditto. Never ever feel as though you can't share your news...good or bad. We're all here to bear the load with you to help lighten your load.

Prayers are the order of the day and will always be.

Marge,
if you want to come talk every 10 miutes, come please..Friends are always here to be by your side..It makes us feel needed and useful just to beable to let you know we care. We all love you, so never ever feel you can't come vent,cry, laugh, with us. We know if we needed your help you'd be right here in a heartbeat.

higs,
kadesma

I love hearing the updates Marge. I may not reply every time, but I always read your thread. ;)

Marge, I'd be sorry if you stopped posting. We might never have met but that doesn't stop me from feeling for you in this awful situation. I can't believe how bad the nurses are.

Marge, I look forward to yor post every morning when I log on to DC. we all do care very much, remember we are Family. Prayers to John and your family continue ! God Bless !

Marge - like many have said, I always check your thread daily - even though I don't always have the time to post a reply. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers - and I appreciate you taking the time to keep us all updated on John's progress.

Take very good care - and let John know that we're all pulling for him!

No way Marge. I really am looking forward to John getting better. And I appreciate your updates.
I really want him to stay in Intensive Care. It doesnt seem like the staff outside of that is competent. Personally I would call someone of the board of directors so John is taken care of properly.

Kevin just called..John slept 9 hours last night but they gave him two sleeping pills. They had a hard time waking him up. I wish they had the insight to talk to a parent !! but in a case like this the wife is in charge. John is like his dad..any medicine is twice as strong to them as it would be to anyone else. When he was little and would go hunting with Paul I would give him half of a motion sickness pill. ( to keep him from getting car sick) Paul would put him on a stand ( ( tell him to stay while he went on) then when Paul would come back John would be sound asleep...

They did an X-ray last Friday and then again today. His lungs have more fluid than before. that is why he can't breath. They don't know why.

I ddon't know if they will let me in to see him tomorrow. I sliced my finger on the glass door handle..dumb thing to do..any open wound and they won't let anyone in ICU. Kev will find out for me.
Marge

Today John is having a lot of anxiety. Driving the family nuts with do this..do that .And worrying about the computers when the time change starts..

Kevin asked me to go to the INTERNET and print out something on Bone Marrow transplant Information. I did..14 pages and really scary reading.

I had a nice talk with DeadlySushi tonight. He still needs prayers for a new job.
Marge

Marge - everything on the Internet is scary!!!!! I'll call you sometime tomorrow afternoon. I work from 10 - 4 maybe? I'll call you after that. I'm at least staying awake longer now - definitely on the good end of recovering from this stuff. Sorry about your thumb!!!!

Dear Marge, as Vicky says, the Internet can be a scary place. Just hold John and the rest of your family close and trust in the medical professionals who are there to guide you.

You are such a caring person. Please don't worry about others. Sushi will carry on. He's strong and will persevere. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on taking care of yourself. You are no use to your family if you are worn out.

We will all say prayers for you and Sushi. Just know that we all love and support you. Our arms are around you. Lean on us.

Katie E said:
Dear Marge, as Vicky says, the Internet can be a scary place. Just hold John and the rest of your family close and trust in the medical professionals who are there to guide you.

You are such a caring person. Please don't worry about others. Sushi will carry on. He's strong and will persevere. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on taking care of yourself. You are no use to your family if you are worn out.

We will all say prayers for you and Sushi. Just know that we all love and support you. Our arms are around you. Lean on us.

http://Whichever way you turn someone's there for you.

I went to see John today. I had to laugh..Kevin was shampooing his hair and John asked for a Mohawk..He did and then John had him take a picture with the digital camera I gave him for Christmas. then he asked for a side Mohawk..another picture was taken.
I picked up the moisture lotion and started massaging his feet and using the Reflexology chart I printed off of the internet and did pressure points on his feet. The Breathing Therapist came in and said " You are sure being spoiled"
The Dr. decided after I came home to send him to the next floor since he was stablelized. Last time that lasted two days.
I am taking a bag of Hershey Chocolates (200 bars) again for the nurses.
While there he showed Kevin a really nice ball point pen the Chaplain gave him. Then said to Kev." I have accepted Jesus..I want to call the Pastor and have him come up and talk to us" He called and left a message for him to come up and bring three more pens..LOL Kev said "yeah John, you just want more pens !!"
He did come after I left.
Thats all for the nights update..
Love
Marge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom