Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, mohawk, sounds as though he's trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps he'll consider a color change in a couple of weeks. GREEN. St. Patty's Day will be here before you know it.

Thanks for the update. Positive things seem to be happening. Prayers are, as always, sent your way.

He had a full head of thick hair with natural curl ( from my Mother..I didn't receive any :( ..
He is loosing it fast so I guess he is making the best of it. He said " when i go home I'll wear a hat so I wont scare the animals" He has 3 dogs, one cat but several strays that he feeds. )

Marge, I imagine you're pleased to see him being jolly. A good frame of mind to be in. Hope you're managing to get some rest too.

LOL! I love your boys sense of humor. It reminds me so much of how my brothers and I play off one another. I can just picture the mohawk pics....LOL!
I'm so thankful that he's doing so well and that he has accepted jesus in his life.
Now when he fully looses the hair he can have Kevin draw a charlie brown face on the back of his head and slap a red ballcap on ...... not that'll really trigger the fear in those animals. ;)

Dear Marge, I love reading your post about your sons brotherly love. I have 4 sons and a daughter. I know how great they are with one another. Thank you so much for sharing.

Marge, John is in my thoughts and prayers everyday and I like to hear the updates. Just because I don't post often in here doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you and John. Thanks for keeping us informed and keep up with the updates.:)

Hi Marge,
glad to hear John is making improvment day by day..My children are close and would do anything for each other..How wonderful it is to see that love between your children..All the work, the worry, the ups and downs of being a parent just melts away when I hear about a loving family like yours. Continued prayers and happy thoughts to all of you.

kadesma

They said they were going to move him on Monday..They did but it was really Tuesday. At 1:00 AM!! He didn't eat lunch until 4 Pm so he had dinner at 8 PM. So the big move was in the wee hours in the morning. Sandie said they may have has an hours sleep. They sure looked tired.

I am going down today and stay. This is the time to register the Kindergarten children so she has to work in the afternoons this week.

Then after I came home Kev. called and said the DR. said he will go home in two weeks ! This should be good news but how can he when he requires so much medical attention? He isn't even able to sit up on the side of the bed yet.

We will just have to wait and see...and Pray.
Marge

Marge, I know you're worried about his coming home. But, I bet the doctor sees how strong he is and feels he can make the move and do fine. Besides, he has you, his brother,kids,wife and thats all he needs. e is going to sleep better, eat better and just get better! What a wonderful day to look forward to, going HOME:)

kadesma

Last edited:
You still have prays coming from here. The last thing I do at night and the first thing I do in the morning is say a prayer for John. And I ask God to give you and his family strength to help him through this.

I sat with him today from noon-4:30 Boy what a work out!! takes me back to when the kids were sick..always needing something. He is almost bald now. Kevin has offered to shave his head for him. Shucks..he has long hair ( he is a drummer) and wears it in a pony tail. When he was living at home it was like pulling teeth to take him for a hair cut. He has had it long for 16 years.
The blood test came back and Kev. only matched 2 out of 5. ( ??) Being blood brothers I thought they would have been at least a 4..Doc said not to wory that there will be a match by the time he is ready for it. Sandie thinks it is a blessing in disguise because he is needed here at home to run John's Landscapeing business. I agree. He told the DR. last week that if he matched he wanted them to take out enough for John and enough for someone else. He hates the thought of another family going though what we are so he wants to help. I suggested that he could give platelets when things settel down here.

All of you mean so much to me. Thank you so much from all of my family. :)

love0053.gif

Marge - thanks as always for the update - I just can't go to sleep until see one. I'm off to bed now but you know if you ever need me I'll wake right up!

I love you and miss you!

Hello Marge. I bet John will start to feel more himself when he's back home. Hospitals are depressing places to be just because of the change to your routine and because you haven't got your own things around you. Sleeping in his own bed will feel good! Looking out the window and seeing a familiar view will be cheering. Shingles is a very nasty illness as well. I remember when my Dad had it. He said it was incredibly painful and takes quite a while to get over fully. Looking forward to reading more of your updates and thinking about you all, as ever.

I forgot to add that his platelets are going up on their own..from 0 to 25,000 I think normal is around 100,000

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom