Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow what amazing news. I know your concerned by the prospect of him going home in 2 weeks but I'm sure they are seeing how he is improving so much that they forsee him being much stronger and capable of doing so much more by that time, plus I'm sure they'll start working more with him to ensure that.
Tell Kevin I know he's disappointed as I was when I wasn't a perfect match for my moms kidney replacement. But I'm sure John is honored that he was so willing to give such a generous gift. Such an unselfish gift to want to give to someone.
Thoughts and prayers continue as always. Love Sizz

His platelets are up another 13,000 as of this morning. I am going down for a few hours tomorrow.
Marge

Dove said:
His platelets are up another 13,000 as of this morning. I am going down for a few hours tomorrow.
Marge
Marge,
that's is wonderful. I'm so happy for all of you.

kadesma:)

Not having been able to read the updates for a few days it is so good to return and read such wonderful news. I am heart warmed for you Marge.:)

Last edited:
img_413576_0_43d917949c7f8c5ca6c2693e75737ee3.gif

I'm so happy to hear you wonderful news!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just talked to John. His platelets are now 42,000 He sounded out of breath. I think they are trying to ween him off of the oxygen. He is eating pretty good but not very fond of the drink they want him to finish. It is like Ensure. Full of vitamins.

I didn't make it down there today.About 2:00 my sink messed up.I should say what is under the sink. I put some lemon peels down the disposial..:rolleyes: Dumb, dumb thing to do. Next thing I knew my kitchen floor was being flooded. I threw towels down to soak it up before it wet to much of the living room carpet. Then I called the hospital but Kevin just went down to the cafeteria for a sandwich. He called later and said after he helped John exercise he would come over. He arrived at 6:00 and worked until 8:30. Had to snake out the clean out under the sink..what an ugly mess. Then liquid plumber into the area..what ever you call it.(clean out I guess..) A friend then brought a large fan from his carpet cleaning business and it sure is noisy!! I brought Dove in here with me and shut the door.

Wonderful, Marge. His platelets are up and they seem to be climbing. That's a good sign.

Oh, pew, your drain thing has to have been a nasty experience. I had an awful one when I was in labor with my first child. Not a pretty sight.

Picture a basement filled with water, with old broccoli swimming in it. Then add a pregnant woman (in the early stages of labor) and a frantic Roto-Rooter man trying to get that dam* drain cleaned out before the Mrs. had the baby.

Golly, gee, we had a great time. It was memorable to say the least.

John just called and asked if I was busy tomorrow afternoon..I said no, I'm not..he said I'd like to see you and on your way will you pick up some more candy for the nurses, some sugar free for me and some photo paper so Christopher (his son) can print out some pictures that are in my camera for me? Gotta love that kid! Now he thinks I have a money tree in the back yard...LOL I don't care..I have him and he can have anything I have.

Marge,
My kids don't ask me for things very often, and when they do ask a favor, I'd break my neck to give or do it..I bet having John call and ask you for a favor just made you day:) I think that boy is doing so well..I can just see the smile on your face...I look forward each day to see what is going on in your wonderful family..
kadesma

Great news, Marge!!

Just back up the truck and pour the candy in a huge pile. I'd give that boy anything he wants, too.

Lowes and Home Depot are having all kinds of spring garden specials. Maybe you could get a good deal on a money tree.:):)

Keep the good news coming. We continue to pray for you all.

Back
Top Bottom