Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge - thank you for posting the picture of John and the wonderful news! Stanford is a fantastic hospital. John will be in good hands! :clap::clap:

Dove said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The Dr. found no blood cells in his white blood count !!
He said he is ready to go home but since he is to week to stand or walk he will probably go to a nursing home for therapy. then to Stanford U. for the bone marrow transplant. How wonderful is that??? Prayers do help!!
Marge

Oh, Marge, this is wonderful news! We'll keep the prayers coming your way, too!

I reread my post after my sis called because I confused her...I should have said "no cancer cells were seen in the white cells"

His platelets are 118 today and the WBC is 6.2..normal. Before he didn't have any white cells..

He just needs to get stronger..
Marge

It's an amazing and wonderfull thing, the power of prayer, and the power of John's and your positive outlook. You have displayed rare trust, faith, and courage, during this time, and never gave up hope. That, my dear Marge, is truly heroic.

I am so happy for you and your son.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Much better, Marge. Love the "thumbs up" attitude. That's how all of us here on DC feel.

"GO, JOHN!" (Can you shout on the Internet? If so, this was my way of shouting.)

We're so proud of your spirit, John. Keep on keepin' on!!!!

Marge, thanks for the photo of John. It is nice to see such a fighter. I bet he can't wait to get home and get some good rest so he can get his strength back. He is still in my prayers everyday. JoAnn

You look Marvelous John ;) What a great pic! You have spirit and a very strong will to beat this thing. Your mom started this thread, I told her to change it when things were looking good for you, and am so glad she did. You will be just fine John.

I have never seen anyone fight as hard as he did and is still doing. The doctors are amazed. He is still having trouble breathing. when he can get off of the oxygen they are talking about a skilled nursing home for therapy. He still can't stand.

I will go see him tomorrow and bring the usual...sugar free hard candy that I break up with a nut cracker..LOL and a 200 piece bag of miniature chocolates. He likes to keep the staff happy..

I think Kitchenelf renamed the thread..

Last edited:
Marge - will you "get" me if I just say - about John's picture:

HUBBA HUBBA

You and Paul certainly have some great looking children AND grandchildren!!! But what else should I expect? I met the both of you and I know where they get their looks! I'm going to start calling you guys the Hubba Hubba family! ;)

Back
Top Bottom