Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge....so sorry that the place isn't what you thought it to be. Is there another facility that he can transfer to? One that you can first go observe?

In regards to the medications.....I know at the facility that I work at we do not have a pharmacy within but once we get the patient admitted then we alert our pharmacy and they deliver the medications that evening (they are about 3 1/2 hours away). We do keep certain medications in an emergency box and can accomidate pain management and certain other medical conditions with those till the ordered medications arrive....as long as the doctor gives consent.

Prayers def. continue!

John had a Dr. appointment today but I talked to him while he was still at the home. He said "I am going home !!" And so he did.. The living room has turned into a hospital room . So did mine when I came home after my hip replacement. I couldn't get in and out of my bed + I had to keep an eye on Paul.

I will be going over during the day and be his care giver..I told Sandie " No, I will just be his Mom"

He has an Oxygen tank and I pray that will be enough. He was having breathing treatments every 4 hours in the hospital.

Just being home will help a lot. Home is with family and his three dogs and a very laid back lovable old cat.:)

It sounds like home can't be any worse - and it is after all HOME! Is there something they can do at home for the breathing treatments? I would make sure they have talked with his doctor to see what they can do at home and make sure he has the right meds. I know, I know - I sound like a mother hen! :ermm:

They did get all the RX that he needs..I am waiting for someone to call. It has been a very busy afternoon. They had to have a bed and other things delivered and set up.
When Paul and I came home we had a PT and social worker come in. I think they will do the same for John.

Oh that great news Marge...he's so lucky to have you all. He'll do so much better being in a loving environment.

Since your concerned about the possibility of him needing breathing treatments ask the doctor if he can order this for him just on an as needed (PRN) basis. As far as the nebulizer machine goes if his insurance doesn't want to cover it then check with the red cross and see if by chance they have one available. I'm sure by now John can tell when he needs the benefit of a treatment.

Prayers continue!
Tresa

Marge, I know this is hard getting things fixed just right for John. Once that is done, you all can relax,enjoy being with him where there is peace and quiet.. Here in California once you enter a nursing facility or rehab, they should have been given a list of John's meds. Then they either fill them in the in house pharmacy or call one that they deal with for their patients..For future use and hoping you never need to, once that rehab calls the pharmacy, the meds HAVE to be delivered within 4 hours...That's the law...We serviced 4 nursing homes for many years and there were many 2a.m. calls for meds to be delivered. It was hard sometimes, but, something my DH gladly did.. Hope we keep hearing good things and John gets better day by day,,We love you.

kadesma:)

He checked in somewhere around 4:20. they did get him a pain med at 11:30 pm.

He had a room mate that had neck surgery and was in a lot of pain and was letting everyone know about it. Why would they put him in a room with someone who has had surgery when John was where we still had to use the foam to wash our hands and wear gloves..??

All of you have been so wonderful..thank you for helping me deal with this and with Paul's death
Love y'all
Marge
I am so glad he is home..

to be John's wonderful Mother.
May I make a suggestion Marge? Try to have some 'sit down' time for yourself so that you do not become too exhausted.
It is important for you to look after Marge as well as John.:)

( I have discovered that in the last few weeks. Since DH came home, much rejoicing, but total 'wipe out' in the energy dept.)

John is on oxygen and also does his own breathing treatments. I haven't seen the set up yet but I will tomorrow.

I understand the wipe out..John was such a strong person mentally and physically. Now he is week and we think some of his brain cells were "fried" as Kevin puts it. He doesn't think as clearly now.

They did a blood test yesterday and will do one again in two weeks. If they are OK then he will go down to Stanford U. If not then back into the hospital for more chemo.

Let's do a "cheer" for John's blood cells. May they perform admirably. As for the brain cell thing, perhaps he's so far behind the 8 ball that he has some catching up to do. Let's just pray that his body, and brain cells, become healthy as his recovery progresses.

Just be assured, he's always in Buck's and my prayers.

Omigawd, Marge. I was on my way to bed and thought I'd check DC one more time. What a wonderful way to end my night. I'm almost in tears. Will say extra prayers to keep it so. You must be jumping out of your skin. I wish I could give you and John a great big hug right now!!!!!!:punk::punk::clap::punk::punk::clap::clap:

Marge,
I am so happy for all of you. You are all such dear loving friends this just makes me want to just grab you and hug you. There are tears of joy here tonight, DH and I just couldn't hold them back..Big warm hugs to you and your loved ones..

kadesma

Dove said:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :clap:

John just called..his blood test showed that he is in remission

Just logged on and read this and am SOOoooo pleased for all of you. What a wonderful Easter gift.:)

Back
Top Bottom