Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh what a wonderful way to start my day...........I'm so unbelieveably happy to hear this news. Huge hugs Marge....you must be bouncing off the walls with sheer joy. :w00t2: :clap: :clap:

Marge, I was feeling kind of down in the dumps today. Then I read your post. My heart is feeling a lot lighter now. May God continue to Bless you and your wonderful family.

I don't need to put a bunch of smiles on this response. You already know what's in my heart.

Marge, you have done well, and so has John. With patience, faith, and a little TLC, I expect that John will recover fully. He will need to be careful and manage his life more closely now. But you know, often when someone goes through a critical time such as John has, it creates a zest for life like never before. And John will savor each moment with his family. He will have new and better perspective about what's important. It just may be that he needed a little "push" in the right direction.

Give thanks and know that you and John are loved not only by us here on DC, but by your creator. And that goes for everyone who reads this post too.

Now, let's every one of us go out and make our lives count.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you for making this a sticky...If you feel like it is not needed to be a sticky, feel free to un-sticky this thread..
I can still post when there is any more news on "John's Progress"
Marge

Last edited:
John is doing quite well. He is using a walker and went outside today.
I just hope he isn't pushing to hard..they have strict requirements at Stanford U. he has to walk in under his own power, do stairs etc.
Marge

Good to hear your news, Marge. He's made tremendous progress so far and I guess you have to trust him to know what he can and can't do. Though I can understand your concern. Hope you're doing OK too.

I won't say "I told him so" :angel: but the P.T. was there today for the first time and told him to take short walks..

He is doing very well. I will go over there tomorrow and stay with him for awhile. He is so anxious to get back to "normal". I keep telling him it will take time. He wants to get to Stanfors U. and get this over with. I can't blame him but he has to get stronger first.
Marge

Oh Marge! I don't know how I missed this - I can't even put into words what I am feeling right now. Wow - one day I may tell you my thoughts on this whole ordeal. I know you feel extremely blessed and a weight has been lifted. I know he has a lot more ahead of him. He is not alone - we will always be here to lift him up. We will always be here to lift you up. I wish I could give you a hug my friend.
hugbybciemnyka6.gif

Fantastic, Marge. Tremendous news. John is certainly a fighter but he needs to channel his fighting spirit a little more gently. That is, do what his PT person recommends. Little baby steps will get him to his goal in better shape than huge leaps and bounds.

Much love.

We can't thank you enough for all the updates Marge for you and your family mean a great deal to all of us. I'm so thrilled he's doing so well. I can only imagine how anxious he is to get back to his full self. Thoughts and prayers continue as always. ((((Huge Hugs))))

Marge,
you're both excited over his progress..He wants to jump in with both feet, and you being him mom want him to be more cautious. He may have to learn the hard way to take it easy and follow directions, but I'm hoping he listens to mom and the therapist and takes it a day at a time. It is so exciting to read about the progress all of you have made. Marge, the time you've spent giving us updates is priceless and I love you for it. I'll be here as will all you friends here at DC..We all just love you to pieces:) I think we all feel as if we are truly a part of you family.

hugs and many prayers still coming your way.

kadesma

I'm delighted with the latest progress report, Marge, but that doesn't mean the prayers will stop.

I'll ask for John to have just a wee bit of patience in his recovery... ;)

I know you're elated!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marge I'v been AWOL with this move - just took a break from unpacking and saw your wonderful news! How fantastic! I'll continue to say prayers for you and your family - your strength is amazing and I'm sure you and John will come through this with flying colors!:)

Back
Top Bottom