Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Marge, just wanted to let you know that I keep reading your posts as often as possible. So glad to hear you had a nice Easter together! All the best to John. He certainly is a strong-willed man. Take care Marge.

The Dr. did the Spinal Tap last Friday. He started having Migraines and throwing up..he went back Saturday and had a Caffeine shot and other meds. He is still having headaches when he sits up so he stays flat. He will probably go back to the ER after he calls the Dr.( He cant sit up in the Dr.'s office. ) They are about 1/4 mile from the hospital.
Marge

Sorry to hear he's suffering after the spinal tap. I gather this kind of headache isn't unknown after this kind of procedure. Spinal headaches might only be temporary but apparently they're very unpleasant. I hope he begins to feel better soon.

Words fail me at what to say Marge. Your son has so much courage and your Mother's heart is so large, caring and courageous. There surely cannot be many more 'set backs'.

I admire you, care deeply about all you are going through and more than anything else hope, trust and pray for a good outcome.:)

It is 3:30 Pm and he is still at the hospital. Last I heard the Dr. was going to inject red blood into the same spot as the tap. he has been leaking spinal fluid.

If conservative treatment doesn't help, the doctor may recommend injecting a small amount of your blood into the space over the hole in the dura. This is known as an epidural blood patch. The injected blood forms a clot that seals the puncture hole, restoring normal pressure in the spinal fluid and relieving your headache

Last edited:
Marge,

I am almost 40 and just days after I turned 36 I too was diag. w/leukemia. Please get as much info. as possible. There are MANY types of leukemia - some of which are not as bad as others. Just stay off the internet for your research. Many of those sites are not updated and this particular area of health is changing at a rapid speed. I am hopeful!!

Vote for politicians who support stem-cell research. Stem cell transplants can save lives!

And be sure you and yours know and live for Jesus. No matter how big or small our trials, we will be with him in the after-life if we are saved. Please find comfort in fellow Christians. You will see things in such a different light. I know that sounds "casual", but take it from someone who has leukemia, 2 young children and a wonderful husband. The Lord and His people comfort and uplift and those positive factors DO make a difference like no chemo or dr. ever can.

God Bless and feel free to e-mail me.

Praise God

In the darkness there is always light - Praise God for the blood test results!

Dove said:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :clap:

John just called..his blood test showed that he is in remission

I see your signature line and God gives you trials to bring you closer to Him! You are His child and he wants you near. Pray, talk, praise, scream at Him. He will listen! You will see changes once you really accept that He is present and He is not bringing the hurt and heartache - it is the adversary doing that - the devil. Don't let the devil win by letting him have you believe the Lord is imposing the hurt on you and yours. God bless you all richly and may you seek and hear and feel Him.

Salvata,
You don't have a Private Message link showing so I will just say it here. John has Acute Myeloid Leukemia. One if not the worst type.

They did the blood injection last night at 7 PM. One of the three Doctors in the ER went home sick so John had a very long wait. I haven't called him yet today but I will soon.
marge

Hi Marge,
just catching up on John. Hope things are better.You are all still in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how John is and you too.
hugs,
kadesma

kadesma said:
Hi Marge,
just catching up on John. Hope things are better.You are all still in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how John is and you too.
hugs,
kadesma

Same here, Marge. Do let us know how everything is when you have a chance. I'm still sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

John is doing very well today. He feels stronger and his voice is strong now. Sounds just like he did before he got sick. He has blood work once a week and is waiting for the results from the spinal tap. If all is well I guess they will make plans for the bone marrow transplant soon.
Marge

Dearest marge, what good news. We will continue to pray for John's continuing good progress. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT that of an oncoming train. Hope springs eternal. Happy, happy, happy day!

Back
Top Bottom