Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge what is his diet?

No restrictions sushi, just eat to gain weight and be healthy. They eat healthy anyway.

John saw his Doctor today. He said that the Doctors at Stanford U. are amazed at the progress he has made. Now his doctor wants him to stay here and he will keep a close eye on him. Later he will be put back in the hospital and do Chemo maybe twice in one week. (not 24/5 like they did before that brought him down to knocking on deaths door.)
Doctor told him that bone marrow is 30 times more deadly than Chemo. I didn't know that ..none of us did.
I think prayers will be needed for the rest of his life..

Marge, what do they mean that bone marrow is 30x more deadly than chemo?

John has my continued prayers

Marge,
since you are part of the family and family is included in daily prayers, that's where you all will be.

hugs to you all,
kades,a

Someone gave me this prayer ages and ages ago and I often use it when it's impossible to name everyone.

Hear Me Lord

On behalf of all those who are dear
to me, all whom I have in mind at
this moment. Be near them in all
their anxieties and worries. Give
them the help of your saving grace.
I commend them all with trustful
confidence to your merciful love.
Remember Lord, all who are mind-
ful of me, all who have asked me to
pray for them. All who have been
kind to me, all who have wronged
me, or whom I have wronged by
ill-will or misunderstanding. Give
all of us grace to bear with each
other's faults and to share each
other's burdens. Have mercy also
on the souls of our loved ones who
have gone before us. Grant them
peace and happiness with you.

Amen

I questioned John about the 30%. He thinks the Dr. was saying they would have to give him more Chemo before the transplant and it would be 30% stronger than regular Chemotherapy.

He was out driving today..went to a computer store. He uses a cane or a walker to get around./B]

My thoughts and prayers continue Marge! I'm so thankful he continues to improve. Thanks for keeping us all posted with the updates. ((((((HUGS)))))))

Dove, my prayers are with your family. I've been watching this thread off and on since it started. I can give you some insight on bone marrow transplants since my mother went through one 6 years ago. What they have to do is give enough chemo to totally kill the marrow so that is where the 30% more lethal comes from. The white blood cell count goes down to zero and there is no immunity to anything. Then they transplant the marrow and wait for 3-4 days for the new marrow to start working. If it does everything gets better. If it doesn't, then there is nothing else to do and it becomes another time of waiting for the end. It's really scary to think about but it is sometimes the only option. The transplant went well for my mom but we still lost her 2 years later to a different cancer. I hope the out come is better for your John.

Thank you jabbur for clearing things up. I guess they think he is better off to forgo the transplant at this time.
Marge

Back
Top Bottom