"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #271
DC Grandma

Kevin just called..John slept 9 hours last night but they gave him two sleeping pills. They had a hard time waking him up. I wish they had the insight to talk to a parent !! but in a case like this the wife is in charge. John is like his dad..any medicine is twice as strong to them as it would be to anyone else. When he was little and would go hunting with Paul I would give him half of a motion sickness pill. ( to keep him from getting car sick) Paul would put him on a stand ( ( tell him to stay while he went on) then when Paul would come back John would be sound asleep...

They did an X-ray last Friday and then again today. His lungs have more fluid than before. that is why he can't breath. They don't know why.

I ddon't know if they will let me in to see him tomorrow. I sliced my finger on the glass door handle..dumb thing to do..any open wound and they won't let anyone in ICU. Kev will find out for me.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #272
Sous Chef

Keeping you and yours in mind constantly.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #273
DC Grandma

Today John is having a lot of anxiety. Driving the family nuts with do this..do that .And worrying about the computers when the time change starts..

Kevin asked me to go to the INTERNET and print out something on Bone Marrow transplant Information. I did..14 pages and really scary reading.

I had a nice talk with DeadlySushi tonight. He still needs prayers for a new job.
Marge

Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #274
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Marge - everything on the Internet is scary!!!!! I'll call you sometime tomorrow afternoon. I work from 10 - 4 maybe? I'll call you after that. I'm at least staying awake longer now - definitely on the good end of recovering from this stuff. Sorry about your thumb!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #275
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dear Marge, as Vicky says, the Internet can be a scary place. Just hold John and the rest of your family close and trust in the medical professionals who are there to guide you.

You are such a caring person. Please don't worry about others. Sushi will carry on. He's strong and will persevere. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on taking care of yourself. You are no use to your family if you are worn out.

We will all say prayers for you and Sushi. Just know that we all love and support you. Our arms are around you. Lean on us.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 AM   #276
Head Chef

Hello Marge, information on the Internet can be both scary and heartening. Hang on in there.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:44 AM   #277
Executive Chef

Marge, look on the bright side of things and do not worry too much. All the very best!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:02 AM   #278
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Dear Marge, as Vicky says, the Internet can be a scary place. Just hold John and the rest of your family close and trust in the medical professionals who are there to guide you.

You are such a caring person. Please don't worry about others. Sushi will carry on. He's strong and will persevere. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on taking care of yourself. You are no use to your family if you are worn out.

We will all say prayers for you and Sushi. Just know that we all love and support you. Our arms are around you. Lean on us.

http://Whichever way you turn someone's there for you.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #279
DC Grandma

I went to see John today. I had to laugh..Kevin was shampooing his hair and John asked for a Mohawk..He did and then John had him take a picture with the digital camera I gave him for Christmas. then he asked for a side Mohawk..another picture was taken.
I picked up the moisture lotion and started massaging his feet and using the Reflexology chart I printed off of the internet and did pressure points on his feet. The Breathing Therapist came in and said " You are sure being spoiled"
The Dr. decided after I came home to send him to the next floor since he was stablelized. Last time that lasted two days.
I am taking a bag of Hershey Chocolates (200 bars) again for the nurses.
While there he showed Kevin a really nice ball point pen the Chaplain gave him. Then said to Kev." I have accepted Jesus..I want to call the Pastor and have him come up and talk to us" He called and left a message for him to come up and bring three more pens..LOL Kev said "yeah John, you just want more pens !!"
He did come after I left.
Thats all for the nights update..
Love
Marge

Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #280
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Marge - what a great update - you have got to swipe that camera and get us those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote