Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything looked so good but now it is back to square one..almost like last February They sent him back to Roseville Kaiser Hospital today. (He lives in Roseville) so at least he is closer to the family..

His WBC,RBC and platelets are all very low again. His Dr is on two weeks vacation so we don't know yet who will take over. He will spend at least a month in the hospital.
Marge

Prayers coming Marge..Wish I could just sit and hold your hand through this..

kadesma

It's not easy, but try to take comfort from the tidal wave of care and concern flowing your way and immersing your whole family. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone looks here first to read the latest update.
Asking for strength and blessings for all of you. :)

They started Chemo today. They do 3 MIL over a 3 hour period and then then again tonight. 6AM-9AM and 6PM-midnight. He had another headache this morning so I let him rest. I will go down tomorrow. Kevin said "Mom, you better go down as much as you can now before he gets so sick he won't want us there or won't know we are there
Sandie is home with a urinary infection and just aches all over. Her Dr said it is stress related. She wants to spend the night like she did before. She is so run down she shouldn't but she was there when John really needed a Nurse.
Marge

Last edited:
My heart aches for you and I cannot find words to express all that I wish and pray for all of you.

My sis is up from So. Ca. for a few days. We went to see John last Wed. and again today. He looks so good and is so much stronger than he was when this first started last Feb. They are thinking about sending him home next Sunday. This is good news..he is soooo bored and is looking forward to going home. Sandie summited paperwork to the school to go out on catastrophic leave for the rest of this year to be with him full time.
Marge

Positive, positive, positive, Marge! Keep the faith and know that you are sooo supported. Glad to hear that John is ready to move on.

It's always better to recover at home in the environment of comfy stuff and familiar surroundings.

As always, lots of love and prayers are sent to you, John and his family. Give Sandie a big hug for Buck and me.

Hi Marge,
glad your sis is with you..It helps to have someone to talk with and lean on a little. You are always here in my thoughts as is John and Sandie, all of you really. We the children and DH and I pray for you and the family each day..We all love you .

kadesma

I'm glad to read things are looking better. Many blessings to John and to all of you. Love and prayers go out your way!

Marge, it's so good to hear you sounding a little more upbeat! I'm sure veryone is feeling a bit more positive knowing that John might be able to go home soon--like others have said, it's so much better to rest and get strong at home. I'm still sending huge hugs and lots of love your way!

Marge, when I think back about this thread, when it all happened for John it seemed so ominous. Later things started looking good for John, and then ominous again. John has nothing but great things to look forward towards as well as you and your family. I look forward to John posting on here when he can. You and your family are always in my thougths ;)

John went home today....He said "I wonder how long I'll be at home this time".

I didn't get to see him over the week end. I started a rash across the top of my feet Thursday and by Friday my whole body was covered to my neck and then some at my hair line. I called and then saw my Dr. He took away a couple of meds. Saturday it was really bad so I called his on call Dr. and he took me off of two more. Last night I woke myself up by clawing and drawing blood so I was up at 5 AM and was at the ER at 6 AM. The on call Dr put me on Benedrl and that was like taking nothing. He said to go to the ER if I didn't improve.
!
That was a real experience!!

I saw a very young lady Doc..She was appalled at my condition and didn't really know what to do. She put me on 3 tablets of Predisone (20mg) once a day and then Hydroxyzine 1 four times a day. It is better but feels like I was bit by a million mosquitoes instead of two zillion mosquitoes.

Seems like I have to have some sort of something going on in my life doesn't it. LOL
Marge
[/B]

Whoa, Marge! Sounds as though you've had quite an adventure. Hope everything resolves itself and you are able to get back to your old self.

Suffice it to say, Buck and I have you in our thoughts and prayers.

"Heads up, dear!" Things will get better.

Love and best wishes,

Katie E and Buck

HI Marge,

So terribly sorry for what you are going through. It must be awful. Perhaps the stress from the whole ordeal has caused the itching. I had itching on my hands a few months ago, weather related, I think. I went to the drug store and bought over the counter cream that helped. It was recommended by the pharmacist.

On the good side I am happy to hear John is HOME. Is there any sweeter place to be than in your own bed, with your loved ones and your stuff to surround you? Tell him to keep looking up.

If he is interested in any nutritional tips that would help support him I would be happy to share. I am working on a MS in Holistic Nutrition degree. Just have him or a family member email me separately. I am happy to share what I have learned.

Prayers for you and your son.

Marge,
be sure to keep a check on your Blood Sugar..Prednisone will cause it to rise..Don't want you to test yourself and have a nasty shock...So glad John is back home.Let's say an extra prayer that he is home for good..

hugs,
kadesma

Good Grief Marge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Man is just not gonna let you rest right now!!!! LOL Thoughts and prayers are going out. Glad your sis is there.

Back
Top Bottom