Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge,
love, support, thoughts,prayers, they are here for all of you..Wishing John, the very best..
kadesma

Dove, the sickness of your son seems a lot like my dh's uncle a couple of years back. He got so sick we were afraid he wouldn't get over it for quite a while - leukemia was his problem. After a while he began to be on the mend and is now in total remission for over a year and looks and feels as healthy as he ever did. I hope the same recovery is in your son's future.

John has had IV"s and platelets this week. The fluids are set up for 3 times a week. He goes into the hospital again on Monday for more Chemo. He will be there for about a week. The Dr. is trying real hard to get him ready and to have him stay ready for a transplant (bone marrow) when a match is found. It might take several months.

Green Lady,
John can't eat anything grown in the ground raw. Everything has to be cooked. Contamination is a worry. There is a product called Juice Plus that is suppose to have the Veg. and Fruits in it. She is trying to get him to take them.
Marge

Goodweed of the North, I agree with all you have said, very well said I might add. We all pray for John, he is in Gods hands ! May God Bless our boy.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your son, Dove...
Our children are always so precious to us, even as they become older...
May you and he continue to be loved and comforted....

Marge,

I'm new here and just saw this post. I thought that sharing my experience with you may give some insight or comfort to you!

When I was younger a friend of mine was diagnosed with lukemia. I remember him dissapearing from school for about 3 months before paying our class a visit. I don't believe someone so young can truely understand the impact of something this serious.

Now that I'm older, I can certainly appreciate what he and his family went through and despite all that had happened to him and his family, I was delighted to hear some 10 or 15 years later, with the support of his family and friends, he had completely recovered and continued to develop into a fine young man with a bright future.

Although I'm not a very good at hugs, I'm not really the payer kind of person and I know I could never possibly understand what you are going through. I can say that Ray and his family helped me to realize how powerful a person can be if they are surrounded by those who truely love and care for them.

My warmest regards to you all!

Last edited:
Green Lady,
John can't eat anything grown in the ground raw. Everything has to be cooked. Contamination is a worry. There is a product called Juice Plus that is suppose to have the Veg. and Fruits in it. She is trying to get him to take them.
Marge[/quote]

Marge, Yes I am aware of Juice Plus. Very good. Also, BarleyLife is excellent. I know many who have overcome cancer using that and a veggie diet. I can get you info on both Juice+ and BarleyLife if needed.

Continued prayers for John and all the family.

John has an appointment tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon. Stanford U. is about 3 hours away from us. This is for a consultation and He thinks a test or two. They will decide if he is a candidate for the bone marrow transplant.

One day at a time...:)

I will be holding up John in prayer. I'll pray that the doctors will have wisdom in planning his treatment. I hope and pray John will be able to have his bone marrow transplant.

Prayers doubled and many many hugs sent your way..May tomorrow bring good news.

kadesma

I sent this to my sis earlier today.

They are on the way home now. they just talked, filled out paper work etc. I don't know what the etc. is because the phone was breaking up.
The Dr. said if Tim or Chris match it could take place in 6-8 weeks. If not it could take 6 months and he has to continue with the Chemo. He will have to be down there for 3 months.
The downside of all this is that Tim wouldn't be able to work with Kevin for 8 weeks since it is very hard on both parties.. there goes the landscaping business..If Chris does he would probably loose hid job and if it takes place during the school year then Sandie's job would be on the line.
Please continue with the Prayers,
Marge

Darling Marge.... you need to look at this positively! It would be a blessing if Tim or Chris were a match and the procedure could take place soon. What kind of monster would terminate an employee for donating bone marrow?

I know folks who have been donors, and they were up and functioning normally long before 8 weeks.

This is really good news! :) Prayers won't stop, tho!

Love you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom