"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #31
DC Grandma

This is a double whammy ! Kevin just said on the phone "Mom, why couldn't it have been me ? John has a family..this isn't fair".
Non stop tears here..loosing Paul was one of the hardest things I've (we) gone through and now this. John is in so much pain..don't know if it is caused by the quarter size shingles or what ever else is going on. We should know tomorrow what type and the results of the bone marrow they took from his hip. He can't keep anything down..no food or even Ensure. When they start Chemo he is going to be sooo sick. they plan on seven days of chemo then off a few then seven days etc. He will stay in the hospital for 4 weeks then to Stanford U. in San Francisco for bone marrow transplants.
Love you guys
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Marge,

More love and prayers are sent your way from Buck and me. Stay strong and lean on those of us at DC. We are here for you. Big strong hugs are enveloping you even as I write this.

Katie and Buck

Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #33
Master Chef

Marge; from previous posts I've made, you know what I believe. I won't go into some long winded disertation. I will say that you are in my prayers, and that everything that happens, good or bad in our lives, we are given the strength to sustain. I truly hope this doesn't sound harsh, but we learn, and grow stronger from adversity and challenge.

Know that you are not alone, that your family is there to help support your son, and we are here to help support you and yours. Don't let suffering drag you down. Remain strong in your core beliefs, and trust our Heavenly Father. He will sustain you, and give you the strength to be there for your son.

Most of us, at least by the time we hit 50, and usually younger, have witnessed first hand, loss, and pain, and suffering. IO have, and expect to see more before this life is over. If we are lucky, we have our Faith, and a strong family to help us cope. And we learn that mortality is just a small part of our journey.

I hope for you and your son the very best, and blessings of strenght, and if it is possible, for a remission of the cancer and shingles.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #34
DC Grandma

I understand what you are saying..it is just that it is such a shock.
I thank you all for your support and prayers. Right now he is all that matters.
marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #35
Master Chef

Marge,

Please don't lose hope--the medical profession has made such strides in treating leukemia-------a diagnosis of shingles is a horrible one in itself but still treatable though very painful. Hope that he gets good news soon and thank goodness he is young. Keep us posted and be sure that you take good care of yourself--we're all praying and rooting for you and your family.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

marge, there's not much i can add but my prayers, and a hug for you. .

if you look, in time you'll find the reason why you're going through this. just remember we're here to help you get through, if you need it.
may god bless and watch over your family.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge,
lean on us, let us help even if it's just listening..I cannot imagine what a shock this is and how it must hurt. Stay strong for your boys, believe it or not, as big as they are, they need their mommy right now. Hugs to all of you.
kadesma
Old 02-05-2007, 02:23 AM   #38
Executive Chef

Marge, sorry to hear the sad news. I don't believe your family deserves all this but as the saying goes, bad things happen to good people. Whatever the outcome, be strong and look up on the bright side of things. All the very best to your son. May God bless you and your family.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #39
Executive Chef

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please know that many of us are praying for you and your family. We will help you through this too.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #40
Head Chef

Marge, I'm so sorry. As others have said,your son, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.