Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello i was a thinking about lunch at my house on sat. at 1.00 bbq .See you then................

This is from John..I talked to him on the phone and said we could do take out but he insists on ribs. He plans on doing the cooking..:)

Thins are going as scheduled..He goes back Sunday morning and the transplant will be Aug. 24th. His BD is the 23rd. I think his 100 days start on Sunday. Before I thought it started after the transplant.

Again I thank you all for your Love, Prayers and support.
:flowers:Marge

Last edited:
Wow, Marge, you must have been thrilled to hear John wanting to eat!!! Maybe you can fatten him up a little. And I'll bet that will be the best tasting BBQ you've ever had! Lots of prayers will be with you and John and the rest of the family as ya'll move into the home stretch.
Peace & Love,
Terry

Oh Marge - that is such good news. As soon as The Bear gets home I'll tell him. He asks about you like clockwork. What I wouldn't give for another trip out there!

Marge;
All I can do is smile.:mrgreen: Your good news is a very good thing. My prayers will continue for you and John, and the rest of your family as well.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Kevin and I went to John's for hamburgers today. Paul's sis and her husband were invited too. We all had a very good visit and big hugs...they leave for Stanford U. in the morning. John will be in the hospital from Sun. to Sat. morning. Then as a out patient living in a hotel. We haven't figgured out yet who will stay and for how long at a time with him. It takes two trains to get there..might be a lot better than driving to and through San Francisco.

I'm glad you all had a chance to be together for some fun, Marge--you all need and deserve that! I'll be thinking about you all this week and praying that everytying continues to go well.:)

Marge, Just a note to send some more love and prayers your way. It is so wonderful John has such a loving, caring, and close knit family to support him.

I also will pray that the arrangements for his stay at the hotel are worked out. Many blessings to you all!

Hi Everyone,
I was asked about the treatment plan for John. Understand that every aspect of this depends on how John's body responds to treatment but I'll try to give you a general overview.

At the present time John is in remission. The goal is to keep him in remission until his new immune system (from Tim) can get strong enough to fight the leukemia. John is hospitalized this week to receive radiation to his lymphatic system and be treated with AGI to basically eleminate his immune system.

Beginning 8/18 John will be treated on an outpatient basis. He will need to go to Stanford every morning for blood tests and treatment for approx. 3 to 6 hours per day. John will receive his first infusion of Tim's stem cells on 8/24. John is required to live down here with a 24 hour caregiver for at least 100 days from transplant.

We are trying to set up a rotating schedule of caregivers since I can not be here the entire time. As you can imagine, this isn't an easy task. Just the logistics of this is a bit complicated plus each caregiver will need to understand and enforce all the guidelines for John's care. It's seems extensive at this time but I'm sure it won't be all that bad once we get to that point.

John will be on a special diet and living by an extensive set of rules. One of which is that he will be wearing a mask to filter his air for the entire 100 days. He is allowed to take it off while in his room if it has recirculated air. Also, he can't touch or be around dirt, flowers, fresh foods and many other things.

I hope this info. helps.

Tim is home and ready to come here for his second round of stem cell production and harvesting. He will begin the injections on Monday and will be "harvested" on Thurs. and Friday of this coming week. Many people wanted to be John's donor. Kevin, Chris and Tim were the best chance of a match and each of them really wanted to be John's donor. What a great family. I'm so proud of them. Tim has handled the painful side effects well. This week we will be in a hotel that has a jacuzzi. That should help with Tim's bone pain.

My goal for today is to figure out a plan for the next week or so, (transportation, housing changes etc.,).

Our caregiver rotation schedule will begin in earnest mid September as I will be returning to work. I work in a very unique school with great people. They have all been very supportive throughout this entire time.

John and I have been so blessed with each of you. Thank you.

I better sign off for now and get busy.

Love,
Sandie

Okay, fabulous. Everyone is doing their job. What a daunting task everyone has, but they will stand up to the job. Marge, you are blessed with a wonderful supportive family.

Buck and I are sending you the best wishes and prayers possible. Consider yourself hugged by us. Transfer the hug to John and Tim and everyone else. Be strong and lean on us as often as you need to. We love you all very much.

Happy positive thoughts!!!!!

Hi Marge, Ya'll have so much ahead of you and it's all so scary as well as an answer to your prayers.

I was wondering how Tim is doing and I'm so glad to hear he's recovering from the stem cell stimulating drug. Please tell him we all admire his love for his dad and his courage and generosity in this. I know there was never a question of any of his sons donating and they were all anxious to do so, but that doesn't make his "gift" any less beautiful.

We're all praying this will be the miracle that returns John to perfect health so be sure and take care of yours now, too.

Love & Peace,
Terry

I know you never guessed when you signed on here, Marge, that you were joining a "family," but that is what we are, and we are all here for you in whatever ways we can be.

Thanks for the update from Sandie, and the description of what's about to take place. As the others have said, you need to take great good care of yourself, too, so you can be there for them, and so they don't have to worry about you... ;)

Continued prayers and good thoughts winging their way to you and your whole family.

Marge, it was so good to hear from Sandie. I appreciate the update. As always, continued prayers that every aspect of this procedure will go smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom