"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #401
Master Chef

Marge....so sorry that the place isn't what you thought it to be. Is there another facility that he can transfer to? One that you can first go observe?

In regards to the medications.....I know at the facility that I work at we do not have a pharmacy within but once we get the patient admitted then we alert our pharmacy and they deliver the medications that evening (they are about 3 1/2 hours away). We do keep certain medications in an emergency box and can accomidate pain management and certain other medical conditions with those till the ordered medications arrive....as long as the doctor gives consent.

Prayers def. continue!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #402
DC Grandma

[B]John had a Dr. appointment today but I talked to him while he was still at the home. He said "I am going home !!" And so he did.. The living room has turned into a hospital room . So did mine when I came home after my hip replacement. I couldn't get in and out of my bed + I had to keep an eye on Paul.

I will be going over during the day and be his care giver..I told Sandie " No, I will just be his Mom"

He has an Oxygen tank and I pray that will be enough. He was having breathing treatments every 4 hours in the hospital.

Just being home will help a lot. Home is with family and his three dogs and a very laid back lovable old cat.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #403
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
It sounds like home can't be any worse - and it is after all HOME! Is there something they can do at home for the breathing treatments? I would make sure they have talked with his doctor to see what they can do at home and make sure he has the right meds. I know, I know - I sound like a mother hen!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #404
DC Grandma

They did get all the RX that he needs..I am waiting for someone to call. It has been a very busy afternoon. They had to have a bed and other things delivered and set up.
When Paul and I came home we had a PT and social worker come in. I think they will do the same for John.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #405
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glad to hear he will have the necessary meds. Those are important. And it will be nice to have everything else in place.

Buck and I send prayers and best wishes. Keep the faith and take care of yourself, too.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #406
Master Chef

Oh that great news Marge...he's so lucky to have you all. He'll do so much better being in a loving environment.

Since your concerned about the possibility of him needing breathing treatments ask the doctor if he can order this for him just on an as needed (PRN) basis. As far as the nebulizer machine goes if his insurance doesn't want to cover it then check with the red cross and see if by chance they have one available. I'm sure by now John can tell when he needs the benefit of a treatment.

Prayers continue!
Tresa
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #407
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Thank God for THAT Marge! Boy, this has not been an organized transition has it? I wish they gave you all the info upfront so you all didnt have to worry.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #408
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge, I know this is hard getting things fixed just right for John. Once that is done, you all can relax,enjoy being with him where there is peace and quiet.. Here in California once you enter a nursing facility or rehab, they should have been given a list of John's meds. Then they either fill them in the in house pharmacy or call one that they deal with for their patients..For future use and hoping you never need to, once that rehab calls the pharmacy, the meds HAVE to be delivered within 4 hours...That's the law...We serviced 4 nursing homes for many years and there were many 2a.m. calls for meds to be delivered. It was hard sometimes, but, something my DH gladly did.. Hope we keep hearing good things and John gets better day by day,,We love you.

kadesma
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #409
DC Grandma

He checked in somewhere around 4:20. they did get him a pain med at 11:30 pm.

He had a room mate that had neck surgery and was in a lot of pain and was letting everyone know about it. Why would they put him in a room with someone who has had surgery when John was where we still had to use the foam to wash our hands and wear gloves..??

All of you have been so wonderful..thank you for helping me deal with this and with Paul's death
Love y'all
Marge
I am so glad he is home..

Old 03-27-2007, 05:46 AM   #410
Sous Chef

to be John's wonderful Mother.
May I make a suggestion Marge? Try to have some 'sit down' time for yourself so that you do not become too exhausted.
It is important for you to look after Marge as well as John.

( I have discovered that in the last few weeks. Since DH came home, much rejoicing, but total 'wipe out' in the energy dept.)