Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge, yet again, all I can say is that you have a wonderful family--such love and support! I'm sending hugs, prayers and good wishes to all of you!:)

Hi Everyone,

I guess you've noticed the e-mails have slowed down lately. I can't believe how busy we've been with various doctors appointments, trips to the pharmacy, trips to the train station etc. etc. etc. It seems that we have left our apartment around 8:00am and returned to it around 4:00pm each day this week.

John had an upset on Monday. His Bard/Hickman catheter came a little too loose for comfort. He spent yesterday at the hospital receiving IV fluids, radiation and thinking he would have his catheter replaced. They could not work him in until today. John is in surgery now, thus I have the time to send this quick update. The treatments and medications have made the past couple days rough. John feels "yucky". He has two radiation appointments tomorrow along with more lab work. Friday, 8/24th John will receive his new cells. Hopefully all will go well and he will grow a new immune system. I'm sure there is much more news I should share but I'm feeling a bit anxious and need to return to the waiting room.

Love to all,
Sandie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Marge, I hope all went well putting in John's new line. Poor Sandie - it's almost unbearable just waiting for the one you love to come out of surgery. And the transplant - so much rides on such a small bag of cells. I can promise you there will be so many people visualizing a new and perfect immune system flooding John's body tomorrow. I've told my friends about this and some of them belong to churches who have added John to their prayer lists. I know your other friends here at DC have done this too. So try to rest well tonight because some powerful forces are coming your way tomorrow.
Peace, Love & Perfect Health,
Terry

Marge we'll be saying extra prayers tomorrow for grand success for John's new immune system to take hold and propell him to excellent health!:):) Be sure to get some rest tonight - all of you! Tomorrow is going to be a big day! Hugs to all.:wub::flowers:

Hi Marge, I hope all went well putting in John's new line. Poor Sandie - it's almost unbearable just waiting for the one you love to come out of surgery. And the transplant - so much rides on such a small bag of cells. I can promise you there will be so many people visualizing a new and perfect immune system flooding John's body tomorrow. I've told my friends about this and some of them belong to churches who have added John to their prayer lists. I know your other friends here at DC have done this too. So try to rest well tonight because some powerful forces are coming your way tomorrow.
Peace, Love & Perfect Health,
Terry
You've got that right, Terry! :)

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was John's new birthday! The transplant went very well. No immediate side effects. Today is Day 1. John has had a blood draw and we are now waiting for the results. Everything is going as smooth as possible.

We will be moving to a new apartment when we get finished at the hospital today. I'll send an e-mail with an updated apt.# and phone#.

Tim will be staying this week with us here at Stanford so his mom can make sure he is okay... So far, so good.
Love,
Sandie

Fantastic news Marge..With all Sandy has on her hands and on her mind, she is a sweetheart to post as often as she does...Lots of hugs,love and prayers for all of you..May things keep on a steady improving path.
kadesma

I'm smiling ear to ear after reading the good news! Continued prayers for John and his family!

I called John this morning. He has a sore throat and a headache, not even close to the headaches he was having before.
Marge

Every night I, and a host of others from DC, and your own family, are praying for John, for you, and for Sandie and the rest of your family. We are praying for his complete recovery, Heavenly Father Willing", and for strength for all of you.

Your family has been blessed with John's progress, and with the love of a good many people here at DC. I believe that is what the Savior wants us to do, at least that's my take on the New Testament. You guys are gonna be just fine. And that makes the world a little better place.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom