Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John was not doing well today. On top of the headaches he started throwing up again. then on the was to the car to go to the Dr.s he hesitated twice then his legs gave out and he fell. Sandie is falling apart..she has been so strong for him but now she is just worn out.
Marge

Just a little glitch in the road. Hang in there everyone. If you have to do baby steps, so be it. Understand that you all are loved and supported by, really, global friends.

Best wishes and huge hugs from Buck and me.

Hi Marge, I'm so sorry that John is having problems since the transplant. It's a very scary time waiting for the new immune system to kick in. The idea that doctors can totally destroy a person's unhealthy immune system, leaving them totally vulnerable to every germ around, and then give them the cells to build a healthy new one is a miracle! But sometimes the body has been through so much that it takes a while to rebuild itself. I know ya'll are scared and we are all scared for you but try not to lose hope. John hasn't come this far for nothing. We are keeping you and yours in our hearts and and thoughts and prayers.
Peace & Love,
Terry

sometimes we dont understand the why and the what, just trust in God go to his word you will find a scripture on healing, because he said by his stripes we were healed, stand on that and speak it every day, every time you think about it and leave it in the hands of God..... Hope this will help

As the mother of a son who is close to John's age my heart aches for what you and his heroic wife and family are going through. I have kept up with your thread for a long time and have sent your family many silent prayers that all will work out. John has shown such courage so far and he is a fighter. So are the doctors. So you try and hang in there Marge--that's why God made mothers so strong.....

Marge, I was so sorry to read about what John and Sandie are going through. Sometimes healing requires taking one step forward and two steps back. Keep the faith, Marge. Don't give up. God be with you and your dear family! My prayers are withh you.

I received this from Sandie yesterday.
Hi Everyone,
It's Day 5 for John and all is well so far. He has had to deal with a couple issues, sore throat, nausea etc. but not too bad. John's levels have been hanging at the level of not desperately needing a transfusion (below 28), but needing one (his are 28.5). They have decided to go ahead and give him two units of today. We're both glad because every time he has received , he has felt better for a few days. It does make for a long day today, but it will be well worth it.

We're looking forward to having Chris, Tim and Kevin with us this weekend. During their visit we will be developing a caregiver rotation schedule. Once that is done, I think we will all feel a bit of relief. The planning is sometimes the hardest part.

I hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Sandie

Sounds good, Marge. And it's nice they are formulating a care plan. That will allow everyone to share in what has to be done. Little baby steps forward. That's what's happening. Hugs and prayers all around from Buck and me.

Dear Marge:
I'm new to this forum, and it has taken me a while to read through this entire thread, but having done so I now feel part of a most amazing community bound by caring, friendship, support and love. For all the good wishes, thoughts and prayers sent your way, the return is doubled to those with whom you have shared your family's personal moments, all the anguish, pain, and relief.

I can tell you that in reading your journal from the beginning to where things stand now, I too have run the gamut of emotions and wished that all it could take to make things better are good thoughts and prayers, because if it did, you know that you, your son and his family would have more than a lifetime's worth of the magical potion in the bank.

I sincerely hope that the tears of pain you and your family have shed thus far will, in time, be replaced by tears of joy.

My thoughts are with you...

Lise

Hi Marge. I am pretty new here and since my online access is at the library for now it's taken me a while to catch up on all of this. All I can say is Wow.... Your son and family have done a fantastic job in dealing with all of this! He sounds like a very strong and loving person with a strong and loving family. I do pray that good things are on the horizon for you all. He has come through so much in such a short time. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

I talked to my sons today. John sounded good but stressed and tired.
Kevin said ther were working on who will be his caregiver and when. he doesn't think I can do it. They are on the third floor and to get to the elevetor it is a long walk down two hallways and over to another building. Also some mornings John needs help getting out of bed and has to hold on to get anywhere in the Apt. I am unsteady on my feet and can't do long walks. we will just have to take it one week at a time.
Love
Marge

Marge,
As long as you can talk with John and visit, that is what he needs now, just seeing his Mom..He knows that trying to care for him would be hard for you and this way he can see you without the added stress of worrying about how your doing..Just visit, talk, bring little things he loves, chat about way back when..He needs YOU to be well for him now Marge that's all. Prayers still coming for all of you and lots of big hugs. Take care we love you.
kadesma

Dear Marge,

I echo kadesma's words. Keep yourself healthy so John can enjoy your visits and such. Let everyone else do the "heavy lifting" and let you be the glue that holds them together with your love and smiles.

As always. Many hugs and prayers are sent to you all from Buck and me.

Hi Marge, I'm so glad to hear John is hanging in there. I know you wish you could be caregiver for a while but they are probably right if they think it's a bit much for you. The times when you go to see John, I'm sure you will give the caregiver a little break to run to the store or just get outside. Believe me, they will appreciate that immensely! BTW, are you keeping a countdown on the 100 days? What day are we on?
Love and Peace,
Terry

Marge, our prayers are with you and your family. Being a care giver is hard work - and your family shows the kind of strength that it takes. Your daughter in law is a treasure! :)

Back
Top Bottom