Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandie asked for either Friday or Mondays off. The school Principal said no. During the time she had off the school went $12,000 in the hole. I asked "how?" She said she was the schools bookkeeper ( and secretary) Someone goofed.
Marge

How ridiculous. In the words of one of our grandsons, "They are just a bunch of poop heads." Wonder how the principal would think if the shoe was on the other foot.

At any rate, give Sandie a big hug for Buck and me and tell her we're cheering her on.

Kevin just called. He said Sandie wanted me to here this from Kevin before she sent out e-mails. The spot or lump in John's lung is growing. Now they are calling it a nodule. No idea what is the next step...

I had a MRI last Thursday. Dr. thinks I might have nerve damage in my right eye...No matter..John is first.
Marge[/B]

Life can be so tough. And we have to wade through it day by perilous day. But through it all, we learn, and we grow stronger, if not in body, then in spirit. And no matter what happens, John and the rest of your family have the comfort of knowing that life goes on forever, not just through mortality. Of course I pray nightly for a complete recovery for John. But what we want is not always what's meant to happen. I also pray for each and every member of your family, for strength and comfort, and understanding of why this is happening.

All I know for sure is that you Marge, and Sandy, have become heroes for the effort you have made for John. And he is a hero for fighting so hard. And that heroic spirit will not go unnoticed by our Creator. He is our Father, and wants only what is best for us, even when things are so rough that we almost fall under the nearly unbearable stress of our trials. But life will go on in its own way, with us being able to do little to change the course of events.

What you can do, you are doing. What the doctors can do, they are doing. We love you and your family. Through your posts, and Sandy's updates, we have come to know, love and respect you. You and your son, and your family are in my nightly prayers, no matter what happens.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Step by step, we are all at your side in spirit. We love you and your precious family We pray each day for only the best for all of you..Take heart Marge, God's love and ours is deep and lasting.
kadesma

Oh Marge, I'm so sorry ya'll are facing another challenge. There's no way to make sense of the things that seem to strike like lightning. But as Goodweed said, your entire family's courage and grace throughout these trials are not going unnoticed.

I know your journey has touched me very personally. I will not take for granted the health of my children and loved ones when I know you fear for your child. I will not neglect to express my love for them at every opportunity when I know you are all praying for another day to say I love you. I will not complain about small annoyances when I am so blessed to have only small annoyances. If you and John and Sandie and Tim and Kevin and all the rest of your kin can give this gift by sharing your journey even through your fear, surely God in his heaven is smiling down on you.

As always, you are in my thoughts and heart and prayers.

Peace and Love and Perfect Health to You and Yours,
Terry

Dear Marge, Words like "fair" want to come into my head and they just don't belong at this moment. I wish I had consoling words, healing words, words of wisdom and peace. We all do and we struggle. I must reach back a good number of years but this is in my mind. If I may pray for John and Sandy and you and the rest of the family,

May God bless you and protect you
May He make his face to shine upon you
and give you peace.

I ask for healing in total belief that healing will be.
Amen

David

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to let you know the latest on John. I'm sorry it has been awhile since my last update. We have begun our rotation schedule which makes it harder for me to send these updates. Hopefully this one will bring everyone up to date.

The doctors have been watching a spot on John's lung. It was seen on a CT scan and referred to as a "nodule" at first. They have no idea what it is (scar tissue, infection, weakend areas, etc. etc.). The doctors decided to put John on an additional medication and watch for changes. After the next CT scan, the doctors referred to the area as "nodules" and added another daily IV medication. Yesterday, John had another CT scan. Today Timothy told me that the doctor told John that the medications they have been using have not kept the area from getting larger. The BMT team is discussing taking a byopsy. John's platelets have dropped dramatically this past week and so has his white count. One of the IV medicines he's getting is to strenghten his immune system. He is also getting Neuprogen shots to increase the platelet growth.

There is some good news. John had a bone marrow byopsy last week and the results came back good. There are no Luekemia blast in his bone marrow. I'm holding on to that thought and looking to god to take care of the rest. As you can imagine, it is very hard for John and I to be appart at this time. I see him on weekends but it is so hard to leave...

Bye for now.
Love,
Sandie

Thank you my friends..I love you.
I am having a very hard time of it today. Not holding up at all. I feel alone..and the tears are flowing...
Kevin arrived this morning in Mountain View Ca to be with John for the week.I miss him already but I don't let him see me like I am now.
Prayers from all are appreciated.
Love, Marge

Oh Marge!!! I just pray and pray. The Bear sends his very best and prayers as well - I just got off the phone with him.

Marge, I know its so hard but you are not alone! Lots of ppl here are praying for all of you! Let us all give you some strength. Like you I fight a daily battle of ill health so I know how much a caring community can help. ((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Karen

Dear Marge, We all know that you are a beautiful person and you have no need to choke back tears no matter who is there. You aren't an island. We all love you and think of you in your time of anxiety and worry.

Dear Marge, I wish I could be there to give you a hug. Please know that you are not alone.

We are praying as hard as we can for all of you.

Marge,
sometimes crying helps us get rid of some of the stress when we face something hard and hurtful..If it helps, come cry and let us cry with you..You are dearly loved here by all who have been fortunate enough to get to know you..Let us hold you close in our thoughts and prayers..Know they will continue as long as you need and want them.
kadesma

Marge,

My continued prayers for John and all of his family who love him. This has been so difficult on John and all of you. I will pray that good news comes your way soon. Love to all of you.

Kevin brought John home tonight.
The Bone Marrow Transplant didn't take.
He is so glad to be home with Sandie and boys...but they can't keep giving platelets, blood, IV's etc every day. They MUST try again to find a match.
Marge

Back
Top Bottom