Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Marge. This must just be devastating for all of you. After everything John and the rest of you have been through, to be told you must start all over again. My heart just breaks for all of you. I know you are a strong family and will meet this latest thing head on but for now, lean on your friends here and each other. We all love you and are holding you in our hearts.
Terry

Comment: I feel helpless and yet angry at the same time and don't know how you, John, and your family manage to cope. Much DC support and caring are here to envelope you with strength for your precious family to manage the uncertain future. Please, Marge, keep us posted when you can.

Marge,

I am so sad for John, Sandie, the boys, and you regarding this disappointing news. Continued prayers for all of you. Being at home surrounded by his loved ones will fortify John in body, mind, and spirit. That's important for his well-being.

At times like this when we wonder why and when nothing makes sense we can lean on the Everlasting Arms for comfort and strength....

Much love to you, Marge!

I don't know how to say this because my heart is breaking,,,
Sandie called Kevin and I (three way call) They talked to the Dr today and none of the news was good. He said what they think is going on in his lung is a fungus and the past treatments were not the right ones. What he needs to have will destroy his kidneys. They will do a biopsy as soon as they can. The cancer cells are back and they can't do Chemo anymore. Dr suggested in about two weeks they contact Hospice.....
Sandie will try to get a e-mail out soon..I might not have all the facts straight. It was so hard to try to remember what she said.
Dear God Why????
Marge

Dear, Sweet Marge.

Your DC Family will all get together and join hands in cyberspace and pray for a miracle.

We love you, and are all hoping for the best for John.

I am sending you prayers and hugs right now...

June

Dear Marge, thank you for sharing through the tears. I wish I could be there even though I'm not a great Hospice volunteer. Tonight I go to a family with lung cancer, depends on whether or not I have flue - woke up this morning not feeling the best.

I don't understand the two week wait to call Hospice. At least they should bring some comfort. Remember, some Hospice organizations, while "not for profit", do charge. I assume there are some there like the one I belong to that do not.

Dear God, Bless John and the family,
David

Dear Marge,

I am so sorry that the news was so bad. I am praying hard for John and the whole family. I pray that things will turn around soon.

Barbara

I'm so sorry to hear this Marge! Even though I haven't been here, my prayers have continued & I'll be praying for strength for you & your family.

I'm sorry to tell you that we have had some very bad news today. John was discharged from the Bone Marrow program last week. The bone marrow transplant failed. He came home Saturday night. John and I had an appointment with Dr. Sardar, John's Kaiser oncologist, to discuss were we are and what the next steps are etc. Dr. Sardar was very upset and pessimistic. He and the Stanford doctors believe that John has a fungal infection in his lungs. A fungal infection is enough to be considered life threatening in and of itself. Dr. Sardar is scheduling a biopsy as soon as possible to find out for sure what it is. Whatever it is has grown from 1 cm to 2 cm recently. John has no immune system at this point. His bone marrow is not producing cells. This is also life threatening without any other complications. We have decided that we will continue to treat John with anti fungal IVs and Nupogen shots to help stimulate his bone marrow for the next two weeks. He believes John is loosing his life (possibly within a very short time) and has placed a referral with someone from hospice. John and I are in shock because John seems stronger than he has been in a long time. I'm waiting to see what the biopsy results are but finding it hard not to give in to what I'm hearing. I have seen doctors be wrong in stating time frames before and know that only God knows when someone will pass away. Dr. Sardar said that it would be miraculous if John made it through this. I reminded him that the last few months have brought many miracles for John and our family. Dr. Sardar agreed that some time on our knees may be our best idea.
Thank you all for your prayers.
John, Sandie, Chris and Tim

Oh, Dove, I'm sooooooooo sorry and upset to hear your latest update--- but the will to live and overcome the most pessimistic of doctors goes a long way---my aunt lived 3 years longer than the least doubtful of them....she was a fighter---your family is in my prayers.........please hang in there the best that you all can........

Then, we've received our marching orders. Buck and will be on our knees for all of you. We'll also put John on our prayer list and that of a valued friend, too. There is power in prayer I've seen. Love and hugs to you all.

Then, we've received our marching orders. Buck and will be on our knees for all of you. We'll also put John on our prayer list and that of a valued friend, too. There is power in prayer I've seen. Love and hugs to you all.

I'm with Katie and Buck - on my knees. My sister lived way past the time-frame her doctor gave her. I am on my knees praying now.

I agree completely. My grandfather lived years past what the doctors said (they said 6 months). And how can I not believe in prayer when, at age one month I was given one hour to live?

Marge, you say the doctor is pessimistic. Does he exhibit his pessimism around John? If so, maybe it is time to change doctors. Maybe easier said than done at this point, but John does not need to be surrounded by pessimism right now. Neither does the family. The truth as the doctor knows it, yes, but not a pessimistic attitude.

Barbara

Dear John, Sandie, Chris, Tim, and Marge,

I will be on my knees as soon as I end this note. The doctor is not God. He can only give a human perspective which is limited. Don't give in to his pessimisstic predicitions. God still sits on the throne and only He is in control....no one leaves this earth until God orders it. John and family, know that you are loved and cared for by the Lord God and by those of us here at DC. The prayers will continue.......

Back
Top Bottom