"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #441
Chef Extraordinaire

It's so nice to keep smiling when I read this thread.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #442
Sous Chef

It is so wonderful to read the news about John's recovering!!! He will continue to have all my good vibes directed toward him, and to you and your family!!!....Bless you all!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #443
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
What wonderful news! Marge, I wish I was there to give all of you a BIG hug! I would take all of you out to dinner. (on my credit card of course )
Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #444
DC Grandma

I didn't think Easter was going to turn out this way. At first no plans for a dinner as John is the cook of the family. This would have been the first Easter without all of us together. Not having Paul this year..this was going to be hard. I didn't even want to get out of bed today..I said "knock this off..Dove is waiting for you" So I got up, showered and took Miss Dove for a ride in my scooter..handicapped scooter..she loves to ride in a bicycle basket on the front. Then John called and said he was going to instruct Christopher on how to do a ham tomorrow and how to do the sweet potatoes today and they warn them up tomorrow...this will be interesting. I don't even think he can fry an egg.LOL He is 24 so it's about time he learned.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #445
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Good for you, Marge. You might want to be a fly on the wall to see how John instructs Christopher to do the cooking. Could be a VERY interesting Easter dinner.

Best to you darlin'! We love you and will hold a place at our Easter table for you.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #446
DC Grandma

Yes Katie..this could be a memorable day..

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #447
Sous Chef

Marge I am so very happy that you're going to have Easter. Hopefully John is a great "explainer" and Christopher is a great listener!

Have a great holiday!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #448
Assistant Cook

Hi Marge,im new to this site but im know how tough things can get as my mom has pancreatic cancer, we started her on sportron products to boost her immunity system she has only been on it for 3 weeks and I can see a great improvement.

Have a blessed easter
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #449
Master Chef

With a new cook in the house, it will be a memorable Easter meal. Either you will laugh about it in hte future, or you will laugh about it in the future. Whether is comes out spectacular, or terrible, it will be a time of joy, and joyfull memories. You will be together with your family, and so will John.

For those who are Christians, this holiday comemorates the event of the Savior's victory over death, and together with that time spent in the Garden of Gesthemane, is the culminating point of our Lord's life.

Let this time be one of many future times where you love and appreciate your family, and that includes Paul, who is awaiting you to be with him in due time, and John who is blessed with having you near him now, and the rest of the crew, oh, and little Dove too.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #450
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
I didn't think Easter was going to turn out this way. At first no plans for a dinner as John is the cook of the family. This would have been the first Easter without all of us together. Not having Paul this year..this was going to be hard. I didn't even want to get out of bed today..I said "knock this off..Dove is waiting for you" So I got up, showered and took Miss Dove for a ride in my scooter..handicapped scooter..she loves to ride in a bicycle basket on the front. Then John called and said he was going to instruct Christopher on how to do a ham tomorrow and how to do the sweet potatoes today and they warn them up tomorrow...this will be interesting. I don't even think he can fry an egg.LOL He is 24 so it's about time he learned.
Wishing love and a very Happy Easter to you and your wonderful family, Marge. JoAnn