Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John is fighting as hard as he can..it is from day to day..He is on Chemo drip 24/7 and is in a lot of pain. He is taking blood and platelets all the time. when he is awake he is delirious. Very seldom alert to hold a conversation. He is hooked up to so many IV's that I don't know what all they are. Kevin and Christopher (Johns son )are with him from 10 AM to close to 9 PM. Kev is on his feet all the time either wiping the blood from his nose and using a suction thing to keep his mouth clear of blood too. He is so good and if he tells him he is going outside for some air John says "don't leave me Kevin, don't leave" His wife Sandie comes in for the night watch. They are all so tired they are just exhausted.

Dear Marge,

Just be as strong as you can be and know that everyone at DC is pulling for you and your whole family. Getting closer and closer to Monday and more promise. Lots of love and hugs are sent your way.

Love,

Katie E and Buck

Marge,
How hard this is for all of you. But as ill as he is, deep down, John knows his sons are there and he knows all the others he loves are there as well. That must bring him so much comfort. How heart warming to see such deep love your family has for each other.
hugs to all of you,
kadesma

Last edited:
My heart aches for you and your family Marge :( . I hope you know how much we all love you and wished we could be there with you. Thoughts and prayers as always. Take care of yourself! Love Sizz

Marge:

Just got back and read this thread.

I wish I could be there and give you a big hug. Your son is in our thoughts.

Update

I just got off the phone with Marge. She's exhausted to say the least! I am disheartened to say that it now appears the docs give John a 5% chance of making it. They have him in a paralyzed state so he doesn't keep trying to pull everything out. He knows what's going on but obviously cannot speak due to the tubes. The doctor said he's never seen such a fighter. The doctor stayed up all night praying in John's room - that's some doc, huh?

She could sure use some more prayers - she's got mine.

I'm pulling for John, Marge - so is The Bear! He sends his best and he sends bear hugs.

Thanks for the update, Vicky. I just sent an email to her. Don't know when she'll look at it but at least she'll know those of us at DC are thinking about her. What a rotten deal! She's certainly had a lot on her plate the last several months.

Makes me appreciate the smallest blessing even more. God love her.

Vicky, I also appreciate the update on John. Dove, remember that we are all thinking of you and your family at during this difficult time. Don't forget to take care of yourself. It would not be good for our DC Grandma to be sick because she has worn herself out.

Dearest Marge,

I think about you and your family often and send prayers for John every night.

With Warm Aloha, Linda

Marge,
my thoughts are for all of you. Prayers are there for all of your as well. Please take care of yourself. We love you.
kadesma

Marge, you & your family are in my continued thoughts & prayers!

graphic1.jpg

Oh, Marge, my heart is aching for you and your family. John's blessed to have such a wonderful doctor! I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. {{huge hugs}} to you.

Marge, am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that a miracle will happen to save John. Please continue to have faith and be strong. Do take care.

Back
Top Bottom