"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #651
DC Grandma

Wed.
John was back in the ER all morning. Same problem..headaches and throwing up. All related to the Chemo.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #652
Sous Chef

(((Dove))) Keeping you all close in my heart, thoughts and prayers.Love and energy, Vicki

Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #653
Master Chef

Dove, you John and rest of your family are in my prayers every day. Stay strong. We love you!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #654
DC Grandma

I went to see John today and have dinner with the family. He had the usual headache so he only ate 4 bites of the Tri Tip Steak and left the rest of his dinner for the dogs.
I took a Costco Apple pie and he did eat all of his slice. Sandie said thats the most he has eaten in days. He has lost 65 pounds.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:30 AM   #655
Head Chef

Well, I'm out out of practice praying, but for what it's worth, I sent one up for John.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #656
Master Chef

Thoughts and prayers continue Marge! ((((((HUGS))))))
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #657
Master Chef

Marge, just a note to let you know how much I care. JoAnn
Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #658
Master Chef

It's a tough and grueling fight, and with no garuntees at the end of it. But you have to keep fighting, exerting your will, trusting that whatever happens is happening for you and John's growth. I know this game. I watched my Dad and Stepfather go through it. They didn't win. But great strides have been made since that time. And we know that miracles do occur. I have seen them. And I know that they are preceeded by Faith. The power of prayer is on your side, as is teh heartfelt concern for you and your family. We know that this is an exhausting, and exasperating fight. It wears on you, on John, and on your entire family.

Marge, you and John are in my nightly prayers. I want you to know this because we who are behind you, are like trickles of water, each flowing and merging into a great river. I wish that life wasn't so hard, and that we could all enjoy a time without pain, or trials. But that isn't why we are here, in this place, on this world. We are being forged by the fire of life into something far greater, and that something will last through eternity, not just this mortality.

Hold your head up. Keep on fighting, right until the last breath you take. And when you need it the most, then pray, and ask for the strength to carry on.

It is impossible for me to be with you and your family. It is impossible for most of us. But I pray that you will find strength in our support, to help you through these difficult times. We share just a small part of your anguish. My children are strong, and healthy young adults. I can't imagine them suffering as John is. But I do know how it would make me feel. And so, I know what you are going through. You have the love of a parent for your child. For that you are blessed. For that, you feel anguish in your soul.

Your son know your love, and that helps sustain him and ease his suffering. I pray that the pain will be short, and his cancer will turn to full remission. I know a lady in our church who battled long and hard, and who had to go through chemo. She is now well again, and her hair has even grown back, though it is now white as snow, in spite of her being only in her mid 40's.

The same can be true for John. And we will keep supporting you, through prayer, and out thoughts.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #659
DC Grandma

All of you are so great..thank you for your Prayers..
He went in for blood work this morning and then back later in the day for fluids. Wed. is the day for the bone marrow testing. If all goes well he will be set up ASAP for the transplant.

Thank you all for your support.
Love
Marge

Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM   #660
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
I went to see John today and have dinner with the family. He had the usual headache so he only ate 4 bites of the Tri Tip Steak and left the rest of his dinner for the dogs.
I took a Costco Apple pie and he did eat all of his slice. Sandie said thats the most he has eaten in days. He has lost 65 pounds.
Hi Marge,

May I make a suggestion? It would be great if someone could give John some freshly made vegetable juices. He would be getting a concentrated source of nutrients and also live enzymes which are vitally important for a cancer patient. The proteins in meat are difficult for a cancer patient to digest so don't feel badly that John didn't eat his steak. From my studies I have learned that a cancer patient does much better on a veggie diet, especially raw veggies since the goodness is lost in the cooking process.

Continued prayers for John, and you, too. God is still in the miracle business!