"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #741
DC Grandma

John had the transfusions Thursday night and went to see his Dr. friday. Sandie said she had to get into the Nurses face to make her listen. John's breathing has been laboured for the past two weeks. They did X-ray and he is in the hospital with double pnemomia.
Things are schulded to get started on Thursday (at Stanford) if he is Ok then. Tim wil have 4 days of shots that will make him think he has a bad case of the flu...John has an appointment friday and they will stay there I think. Sandie is trying to get her brother to go down and stay with Tim because she has to start work on Monday. I don't know how all this will work out yet. Just have to wait and see.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #742
Executive Chef

Hi Marge, I've been praying all week for things to go well as ya'll start down the road to transplant. I know it's a very tough process and living on the edge wears everyone out. Is there any news?
Peace & Love,
Terry

Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #743
Executive Chef

Sorry Marge, Our posts showed up at the same time. I'm so sorry that John is having this set back. It must be devastating to have him get sick so close to the transplant. I will be praying extra hard for John and Tim and all of you to get through this next set hurdles. I hope, too, that you are able to keep your health up during all this.
Peace & Love,
Terry
Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #744
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge,
John is going to overcome this, he's come so far and accepted so much that he won't let this sop him on his road to recovery..He is a fighter and must feel the love of his family and all the unknowns who love him because we love you..Keep fighting John, we care..You to Marge..
kadesma
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #745
Sous Chef

Praying for you here Dove.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #746
Senior Cook

Our prayers are with you.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #747
Master Chef

Marge, you and your family are still in my prayers. *hug*
Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 PM   #748
DC Grandma

My DIL sent this today.

Just to update everyone -

John is in Kaiser Hospital in Roseville for observation and treatment of pneumonia. Last night he had a fever of 101.3 and is currently on 3 liters of oxygen. He continues to keep up his fighter attitude.

We finally have a schedule (providing John is well enough). John, Timothy and I are going to Stanford on the evening of August 1st and staying as "outpatients" through 8/8. John will begin his tests and Tim will begin getting Neupogen injections to build up his bone marrow then have his stem cells harvested 8/6, 8/7 and 8/8.

John will be at Stanford Hospital from 8/12 to 8/18 to get ready for his transplant. He will begin his "outpatient" program 8/18 and receive his transplant 8/24. Tim will have a second session of stem cell growth and collection from 8/19-8/24.

John and a caregiver will be living in Palo Alto while he grows a new immune system (approx. 100 days). We will be trying to rotate family members as I am supposed to report to work beginning tomorrow morning...

Love,
Sandie

Old 07-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #749
DC Grandma

Sandie has been checking on hotel rooms that have a shuttle bus to Stanford. They are running $180.00 per day. She needs one with a kitchen because John has to eat food prepared in the room. Parking is $ 8 or 9.00 per day so the shuttle is the answer.
The prob. now is both of their credit cards are maxed out..Kaiser will reemburse her up to $100.00 a day IF John is staying in the room and not the hospital. I might have to get a loan on my house ( Paul, please don't send down a lightening bolt) to help pay the bills.
Marge

Old 07-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #750
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge,
I'm praying that things start to get easier for all of you. You all have endured so very much..Money is a powerful driving force and causes so many hardships lots of times. But the most important thing is that you all are doing what you have to do to help John and in the end, what is money compared to having your loved ones here and one the way to a fresh and better life. Darn it, things will work out..
hugs,
kadesma