"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #801
Master Chef

Marge, yet again, all I can say is that you have a wonderful family--such love and support! I'm sending hugs, prayers and good wishes to all of you!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #802
DC Grandma

Hi Everyone,

I guess you've noticed the e-mails have slowed down lately. I can't believe how busy we've been with various doctors appointments, trips to the pharmacy, trips to the train station etc. etc. etc. It seems that we have left our apartment around 8:00am and returned to it around 4:00pm each day this week.

John had an upset on Monday. His Bard/Hickman catheter came a little too loose for comfort. He spent yesterday at the hospital receiving IV fluids, radiation and thinking he would have his catheter replaced. They could not work him in until today. John is in surgery now, thus I have the time to send this quick update. The treatments and medications have made the past couple days rough. John feels "yucky". He has two radiation appointments tomorrow along with more lab work. Friday, 8/24th John will receive his new cells. Hopefully all will go well and he will grow a new immune system. I'm sure there is much more news I should share but I'm feeling a bit anxious and need to return to the waiting room.

Love to all,
Sandie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #803
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dearest Marge, Sandie, John and all,

We're always happy to hear any news and, understand, Buck and I are behind you and sending lots of love, prayers and positive thoughts. We'll be right beside you all on the 24th.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #804
Master Chef

I'll be sending extra prayers your way on the 24th, too. I hope John's feeling better by today!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #805
Executive Chef

Hi Marge, I hope all went well putting in John's new line. Poor Sandie - it's almost unbearable just waiting for the one you love to come out of surgery. And the transplant - so much rides on such a small bag of cells. I can promise you there will be so many people visualizing a new and perfect immune system flooding John's body tomorrow. I've told my friends about this and some of them belong to churches who have added John to their prayer lists. I know your other friends here at DC have done this too. So try to rest well tonight because some powerful forces are coming your way tomorrow.
Peace, Love & Perfect Health,
Terry
Old 08-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #806
Sous Chef

Marge we'll be saying extra prayers tomorrow for grand success for John's new immune system to take hold and propell him to excellent health! Be sure to get some rest tonight - all of you! Tomorrow is going to be a big day! Hugs to all.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #807
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Count me in those prayers Marge - I love you!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #808
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Hi Marge, I hope all went well putting in John's new line. Poor Sandie - it's almost unbearable just waiting for the one you love to come out of surgery. And the transplant - so much rides on such a small bag of cells. I can promise you there will be so many people visualizing a new and perfect immune system flooding John's body tomorrow. I've told my friends about this and some of them belong to churches who have added John to their prayer lists. I know your other friends here at DC have done this too. So try to rest well tonight because some powerful forces are coming your way tomorrow.
Peace, Love & Perfect Health,
Terry
You've got that right, Terry!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #809
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Thanks for keeping us posted. Extra prayers coming for tomorrow - for everyone. {{{{{Marge}}}}}.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #810
DC Grandma

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was John's new birthday! The transplant went very well. No immediate side effects. Today is Day 1. John has had a blood draw and we are now waiting for the results. Everything is going as smooth as possible.

We will be moving to a new apartment when we get finished at the hospital today. I'll send an e-mail with an updated apt.# and phone#.

Tim will be staying this week with us here at Stanford so his mom can make sure he is okay... So far, so good.
Love,
Sandie

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote