"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #831
Senior Cook
Continued prayers for all of you!

Green Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #832
Senior Cook
Dear Marge:
I'm new to this forum, and it has taken me a while to read through this entire thread, but having done so I now feel part of a most amazing community bound by caring, friendship, support and love. For all the good wishes, thoughts and prayers sent your way, the return is doubled to those with whom you have shared your family's personal moments, all the anguish, pain, and relief.

I can tell you that in reading your journal from the beginning to where things stand now, I too have run the gamut of emotions and wished that all it could take to make things better are good thoughts and prayers, because if it did, you know that you, your son and his family would have more than a lifetime's worth of the magical potion in the bank.

I sincerely hope that the tears of pain you and your family have shed thus far will, in time, be replaced by tears of joy.

My thoughts are with you...

"Je vis de bonne soupe et non de beau langage." Molière
gourmande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #833
Master Chef
I see rays of sunshine coming through the clouds. Sandie sounds like a very special daughter in law--glad that she's getting some help. Continued prayers and best wishes coming your way.
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #834
Senior Cook
Hi Marge. I am pretty new here and since my online access is at the library for now it's taken me a while to catch up on all of this. All I can say is Wow.... Your son and family have done a fantastic job in dealing with all of this! He sounds like a very strong and loving person with a strong and loving family. I do pray that good things are on the horizon for you all. He has come through so much in such a short time. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.
Kaddehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #835
DC Grandma
I talked to my sons today. John sounded good but stressed and tired.
Kevin said ther were working on who will be his caregiver and when. he doesn't think I can do it. They are on the third floor and to get to the elevetor it is a long walk down two hallways and over to another building. Also some mornings John needs help getting out of bed and has to hold on to get anywhere in the Apt. I am unsteady on my feet and can't do long walks. we will just have to take it one week at a time.
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #836
Chef Extraordinaire
As long as you can talk with John and visit, that is what he needs now, just seeing his Mom..He knows that trying to care for him would be hard for you and this way he can see you without the added stress of worrying about how your doing..Just visit, talk, bring little things he loves, chat about way back when..He needs YOU to be well for him now Marge that's all. Prayers still coming for all of you and lots of big hugs. Take care we love you.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #837
Senior Cook
Marge, can't say it often enough but contined prayers for all of you......
Green Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #838
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dear Marge,

I echo kadesma's words. Keep yourself healthy so John can enjoy your visits and such. Let everyone else do the "heavy lifting" and let you be the glue that holds them together with your love and smiles.

As always. Many hugs and prayers are sent to you all from Buck and me.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #839
Executive Chef
Hi Marge, I'm so glad to hear John is hanging in there. I know you wish you could be caregiver for a while but they are probably right if they think it's a bit much for you. The times when you go to see John, I'm sure you will give the caregiver a little break to run to the store or just get outside. Believe me, they will appreciate that immensely! BTW, are you keeping a countdown on the 100 days? What day are we on?
Love and Peace,
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #840
Sous Chef
Marge, our prayers are with you and your family. Being a care giver is hard work - and your family shows the kind of strength that it takes. Your daughter in law is a treasure!

I'm just lookin' for my "cheese"!
Harborwitch is offline   Reply With Quote