"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 AM   #901
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I will continue to pray for you and John and your family. The power of prayer is amazing - give it to Him. Hugs to you Marge, lots of hugs.

Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #902
Executive Chef
Marge, it is so hard to believe this diagnosis considering John himself says he feels stronger than before. Keep the faith Marge. Doctors are not perfect, they make mistakes. I will say a prayer for you, John, and your entire family.

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #903
Sous Chef
Marge I am so sorry. I have been away from the board for a bit so I was stunned to read what the doctor said, especially in light of how much better John has been feeling.

Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you, along with lots of big hugs.

(My ex has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He's just completed his 2nd round of chemo and is feeling great. He's going camping this weekend, is planning trips next week with our daughter and granddaughter. While he's doing so great his son is running around announcing that people with cancer die (guess he doesn't know I'm a survivor). I told our daughter to tell him to can it and start thinking and talking positively. A good attitude and positive thoughts go a long way toward healing.)
I'm just lookin' for my "cheese"!
Harborwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #904
The power of positive is never to be overlooked. My Uncle had cancer and was given 6 weeks to live, that was over 5 years ago and he is healthy, happy, and enjoying his life. I hope for nothing but the best for you and your family.
krichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #905
Sous Chef
Marge, my heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
PytnPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #906
Master Chef
I have watched members of my family die, but not one of my children. I have also seen miracles happen where doctors had given up hope. So no one really knows what's going to happen. I will be praying for you and John as I have been. And know that our hearts and hopes are with you.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #907
Marge, do not give up hope. The doctors have been struggling with his diagnoses all along. They are STILL not sure. There are so many of us praying for John and I know that you've been through so much, but we are with you dear lady. We are praying for his recovery and while there is life and faith, there is hope.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #908
Senior Cook
Never give up hope. Believe in the certainty of God's love and work in your lives. We will all be praying for you at my house too.
Kaddehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #909
DC Grandma
John's bone marrow has shut down, we are waiting for his lung biopsy appointment..the cancer cells are back and whatever is going on in his lung is growing.
Hospice met us at his home today. She explained what they do and when she came to the part of "end of life" tears were flowing from his eyes..I haven't seen him cry since he was little. Kevin said he did at his dad's services..
John told the lady he isn't ready for hospice yet. he wanted to continue with Kaiser Hospital for now.
My sister is flying out from Indiana Sunday..I told Sandie she wanted to come out but I was afraid it would worry John if she did..she did Paul's service and she flew out in Feb, when John had only a 5% chance of pulling through. Sandie talked to John and they called her and said "y'all come" i think he is concerned about me. He is worrying about all of us..I told Kevin to tell him tomorrow that "Mom is strong..don't worry about her"....a little white lie won't hurt..will it? They are having a Family Trust Lawyer come out tomorrow..he is putting things in order. Kevin will be there earlier in the morning to go through some cupboards with John.John wants him to take anything he wants...
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #910
Senior Cook
Dear Marge,

I just saw your message. I am so sorry. My prayers for all of you will continue.

Green Lady is offline   Reply With Quote