"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 AM   #931
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge,
love,prayers, good thoughts, comfort anything to help ease you, is my wish for you. Bless you all, you are so loved.
cj

Old 10-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #932
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Marge: sending you all the prayers and encouragement that I can.

Lean on us as much as you need to.... We love you and are praying for a miracle.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #933
Sous Chef

Marge, I've been thinking of you daily. Thanks for sharing with us. You have a lot of love and support here. Keeping you in my prayers as well.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #934
Senior Cook

Marge,

Sending you love and prayers during this difficult time. Love to John and Sandie, and the whole family, too. We view life from the temporal perspective, God's looks at it from the eternal perspective. Take comfort in the fact that God still sits on His throne and is still in control. I will keep praying for all of you.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #935
Master Chef

Marge, I'll continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #936
Master Chef

Marge, I'm thinking of you and John and your family...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #937
Senior Cook

Marge, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I don't think you told any "little white lies" you have showbn over and over through this how strong you are. Lots of big {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} from my family to yours.

Karen
Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #938
Assistant Cook

For John

I am new on the site and just saw your posting about your son. All I can say is how sorry I am that this has happened to him. Shingles is a bear and well avoided by taking the preventative shot if possible..so I hope you had yours. As for the leukemia it's possible to identify somewhat as my 31 year old stepson was diagnosed a couple weeks back with Hodgkins Lymphoma. He didn't feel sick and was always skinny so this just happened to be picked up when he went to the doc with a sore throat. How long he has had it we don't know but I do believe that him working two jobs and not bothering to eat especially on a weekend were contributing factors..at 6' 4" he weighs 140. Now he has to gain weight before they can begin chemo...he is in DC and we are in Olympia WA.
Like some others on the site hereI don't believe in God, so I cannot say I'll pray for you, at least not in the more recognized forms but will send healing and strengthening positives your way. Hang in there dear...there spirit and strength and community wishing you and yours well.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #939
Sous Chef

Oh Marge! I am so sorry, I've been away for a week and was shocked at the changes in John's health. We will continue to send thoughts and prayers your way! {{{{{{{{[[[[[HUGS!]]]]]}}}}}}}} for you and your entire family. I'm so glad your sister is coming out - while you are an amazingly strong woman she will give you a safe and comforting place to lean when you need it.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #940
DC Grandma

Today is Friday the 19th.
We are still on a day to day with John. He had blood, platelets and fluids yesterday. they did blood work today and he goes in Sunday for platelets again. He is hanging tough. or trying to.
Yesterday my sister ( the Hospice Chaplain) from Ind. Baptized him and gave Communion .Caroli goes home on monday. mary Ann hasn't decided when she will leave.
Marge [/B]

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote