Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking the same thing. :) Wish I lived closer.
Hopefully James and I will be able to get up there to visit when Marge is out here. We have been fortunate enough to meet and have Thanksgiving dinner with kitchenelf, but I can't wait to meet Marge!''

Kitchenelf, look away now!

Shhhhhh! Don't let kitchenelf know that I said this, but she is such a sweet person and a great cook!

Okay k.e. you can look again. :cool:

:)Barbara

LOL...
I really look forward to being with the Elf and her "Bear" again.
Problen has come up..Sandie is upsetting the Apple cart...she still wants to move and is meeting with a real estate agent Sat. It is up in the hills..a house with 5 acres. Then she can have her horse with her. The real prob. is it is on a very winding road and not a safe place to live . Use to be a biker town...(Georgetown Ca) It is too soon for her to think of moving.
My little Dove was going to stay with Tim.(grandson) He is upset and so is Christopher..I won't even bring my Kevin up right now...I couldn't put it on paper..LOL

Hopefully James and I will be able to get up there to visit when Marge is out here. We have been fortunate enough to meet and have Thanksgiving dinner with kitchenelf, but I can't wait to meet Marge!''

Kitchenelf, look away now!

Shhhhhh! Don't let kitchenelf know that I said this, but she is such a sweet person and a great cook!

Okay k.e. you can look again. :cool:

YOU and James are the sweet ones!

Barbara - Marge and I were talking (last night or the night before) and we were thinking that maybe we could come in the direction of Charlotte/Matthews. Remember Rainee? She has her restaurant up and running and maybe we could meet someplace like that? Meet one more DC'er!!!! Both Marge and I would hate for you to have to make that long drive again!

LOL...
I really look forward to being with the Elf and her "Bear" again.
Problen has come up..Sandie is upsetting the Apple cart...she still wants to move and is meeting with a real estate agent Sat. It is up in the hills..a house with 5 acres. Then she can have her horse with her. The real prob. is it is on a very winding road and not a safe place to live . Use to be a biker town...(Georgetown Ca) It is too soon for her to think of moving.
My little Dove was going to stay with Tim.(grandson) He is upset and so is Christopher..I won't even bring my Kevin up right now...I couldn't put it on paper..LOL

Aw Marge! She really isn't thinking clearly right now. I think every day will bring a different thought process right now.

YOU and James are the sweet ones!

Barbara - Marge and I were talking (last night or the night before) and we were thinking that maybe we could come in the direction of Charlotte/Matthews. Remember Rainee? She has her restaurant up and running and maybe we could meet someplace like that? Meet one more DC'er!!!! Both Marge and I would hate for you to have to make that long drive again!
We don't mind the drive*, but meeting somewhere would be great too. I used to have the directions to Rainee's restaurant. We always wanted to go but need to find it!

*And next time, we are not taking the back way!

Hi Marge,

I've been away for awhile now and just caught up on your travel plans. They sound great! If you come through the Chicago area let me know. I'd love to meet you. I have a guest room ready, if needed!

Also, I think your daughter-in-law should wait to sell. Rule of thumb is not to make any drastic changes for 1 yr. after a loss. Too many emotions involved.....bad decisions can be made that way.

My heart goes out to Sandie. When my daughter died many years ago, my husband was desperate to sell our house and move far away. I, on the other hand, could not imagine leaving the last place she was. For me, the house held all those memories of her and for him, it reminded him of her death. It was a very tough time because there is no right or wrong in how we feel. On a primal level, we instinctively pull away from pain - like a child who touches a hot stove. And I think sometimes, when the pain of our loss is soooo bad, we don't think - we just react. I hope Sandie will wait before selling because her feelings may change as she works through her grief and it would be sad if she did something she might regret later. All you can do is love her through this, Marge. I'm still thinking of all of you daily.

Back
Top Bottom