Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[BHi Everyone,

Today is Day 10! We're 1/10th of the way home! The doctor's and nurses assure us that the symptoms John is experiencing (mainly extreme fatigue, weakness and nausea) are normal and expected. It helps to know.

We had Chris, Tim and Kevin with us this past weekend. It was great to see them. Now we miss them more than ever. I think it will be good for John to have rotating caregivers. That way he gets some quality time with each of us.

Thanks for each of your thoughts, prayers, e-mails, cards and such. It really helps us to know we have people out there who care.

Love,
Sandie][/B]

I just received this today
Marge

Thanks for the update, Marge, I've been wondering how you all have been holding up. It sounds like a good start, and I'm glad to hear that everyone's in good spirits!:)

How wonderful to get such a hopeful message from Sandie! I'm so glad to hear all the symptoms John has been having are at least expected. We'll be counting down the days with ya'll.
Peace and Love,
Terry

Todays letter

Hello,
Today is day 14. We were at Stanford from 9am until after 5pm today having routine blood tests etc. etc. etc. The really good news is that we saw Dr. Lowsky today. Dr. Lowsky is the doctor who accepted us into the program. He was elated at how well John is doing. Next week they will test the percentage of Tim's blood in John. John's platelets came up from 32,000 on Wed. to 114,000 today. That means someone's (John's or Tim's) cells are working. John's legs are stronger than they were last month when we saw Dr. Lowsky (another fact that made the doctor very happy). Believe it or not, according to Dr. Lowsky, even the fact that John has a mild case of graft vs. host disease is a positive. That is another sign that the new cells are active. Those same cells are the ones that will kill the leukemic cells. So, as of today, it's all good. We even have another weekend off.
Love,
Sandie

How wonderful Marge! That's the first good news in a while. I guess your grandson produced some mighty fine stem cells! And now John has gotten through 20 of his 100 days. If this keeps up, you're gonna have the best Christmas ever!
Love and Peace,
Terry

Marge,
it's wonderful to hear some good news coming from Sandy and knowing that it will give you some relief.. Let's just keep praying that the news keeps getting better and better each day..Lots of hugs and love coming your way.
kadesma

Sandie arrived home last night. Christopher relieved her on Thursday morning. He will be there until Monday. Tim will go down Sunday.Chris has to be back to work by Tuesday.
Sandie asked for either Friday or Mondays off. The school Principal said no. During the time she had off the school went $12,000 in the hole. I asked "how?" She said she was the schools bookkeeper ( and secretary) Someone goofed...John still wants her down there on weekends. If someone takes her down on a Friday night it will be close to midnight before she gets there. Or else early Saturday morning (like 5:30) and come home Sunday eve. She is his security blanket. She has been with him almost 24/7 since last February 1st.

It takes a bus or someone drives her to downtown, and a train to San Jose and another train to Mountain View. then whoever is there will pick her up. About a 4 hour trip. So far her family hasn't offered to help.
Going on midnight so I think I'll go to bed.
Night all
Marge

Wonder how anyone could be such a Scrooge under these special circumstances. It's not like she's asking to go to Disneyland! :ohmy:

We'll all keep praying around here -- not just for John's continued improvement, but for understanding and help for the rest of you to keep on keeping on...

Love you... keep your chin (and your hopes) up!

Or, Marge, if we lived closer I'd be more than happy to help get Sandy to see John. Thank heavens she has your family for love and support--like June I hope she's able to get what she needs from her family and work soon!

Not knowing her family situation, this may not be appropriate, but tell her to flat out tell them she needs their help! Under the circumstances, she's allowed to be blunt and push to get what she and John need!:flowers:

I went to see Sandie today to give her paul's cell phone so Tim would have on when he makes the trips to care for John. She is holding up very well for all she is going through, I'm proud of her.
I also learned that there is a spot or lump on John's lung...it is larger now than it was on the last CT Scan...Sandie hopes it is just scar tissue from all the bouts of Pneumonia he has had...but I don't think scar tissue grows..Lets Pray that it isn't cancer starting in another place.
Marge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom