Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge, it is so hard to believe this diagnosis considering John himself says he feels stronger than before. Keep the faith Marge. Doctors are not perfect, they make mistakes. I will say a prayer for you, John, and your entire family.

Marge I am so sorry. I have been away from the board for a bit so I was stunned to read what the doctor said, especially in light of how much better John has been feeling.

Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you, along with lots of big hugs.

(My ex has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He's just completed his 2nd round of chemo and is feeling great. He's going camping this weekend, is planning trips next week with our daughter and granddaughter. While he's doing so great his son is running around announcing that people with cancer die (guess he doesn't know I'm a survivor). I told our daughter to tell him to can it and start thinking and talking positively. A good attitude and positive thoughts go a long way toward healing.)

The power of positive is never to be overlooked. My Uncle had cancer and was given 6 weeks to live, that was over 5 years ago and he is healthy, happy, and enjoying his life. I hope for nothing but the best for you and your family.

I have watched members of my family die, but not one of my children. I have also seen miracles happen where doctors had given up hope. So no one really knows what's going to happen. I will be praying for you and John as I have been. And know that our hearts and hopes are with you.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Marge, do not give up hope. The doctors have been struggling with his diagnoses all along. They are STILL not sure. There are so many of us praying for John and I know that you've been through so much, but we are with you dear lady. We are praying for his recovery and while there is life and faith, there is hope.

Never give up hope. Believe in the certainty of God's love and work in your lives. We will all be praying for you at my house too.

John's bone marrow has shut down, we are waiting for his lung biopsy appointment..the cancer cells are back and whatever is going on in his lung is growing.
Hospice met us at his home today. She explained what they do and when she came to the part of "end of life" tears were flowing from his eyes..I haven't seen him cry since he was little. Kevin said he did at his dad's services..
John told the lady he isn't ready for hospice yet. he wanted to continue with Kaiser Hospital for now.
;-(
My sister is flying out from Indiana Sunday..I told Sandie she wanted to come out but I was afraid it would worry John if she did..she did Paul's service and she flew out in Feb, when John had only a 5% chance of pulling through. Sandie talked to John and they called her and said "y'all come" i think he is concerned about me. He is worrying about all of us..I told Kevin to tell him tomorrow that "Mom is strong..don't worry about her"....a little white lie won't hurt..will it? They are having a Family Trust Lawyer come out tomorrow..he is putting things in order. Kevin will be there earlier in the morning to go through some cupboards with John.John wants him to take anything he wants...
Marge(

Last edited:
Dear Marge,

I just saw your message. I am so sorry. My prayers for all of you will continue.

Marge, I'm so glad your sister can come to be there with you. This is something no mother should ever have to face, but to face it alone is unbearable. If we all could, we'd be there with you to help you. The courage and spirit John and Sandie and all of you have shown throughout this terrible ordeal truly humbles me. I don't know how many of us could still manage to worry about and care for everyone else in the face of this awful disease. I have you in my prayers and thoughts daily.
Love and Peace,
Terry

Marge, it is good your sister is coming. I am at a loss of words, I wish I could say something that could make you feel better and help this situation but I can't think of one thing.....so I will continue on with prayers for you and your family. I think of you every day friend. {{{{{{marge}}}}}}}

Dear Marge, Prayers continue for your son and for you. Bless your sister, it's so good she is coming. This is hard, prayers must be prayed in full faith and at the same time John should not suffer. May God bless you all. David

Marge, it is good your sister is coming. I am at a loss of words, I wish I could say something that could make you feel better and help this situation but I can't think of one thing.....so I will continue on with prayers for you and your family. I think of you every day friend. {{{{{{marge}}}}}}}
Thanks, Michele, for saying exactly what is in my heart right now.

Love you, Marge.

Oh Marge,
I've missed some of this the past week and I'm so sorry sweetie. My prayers continue, we all love you so_Oh if only I wasn't tied to a machine, I'd have DH bring me to you if you wanted or needed it. You all are in my thoughts and my heart Marge..You are so dearly loved.
cj

Hi Marge; I won't act as if it's over until it's over. But I do know what you are going through. I watched my Dad, and my step-father both die of cancer. My step-father died in long-term care and so I wasn't at his side as much as I was with my Dad, but I was there often. My Dad stayed at my sister's house and she, my wife, and I took turns taking care of him, washing him, helping with feeding, keeping various tubes and such in place, monitoring his condition and other things that hopsice instructed us to do when they weren't on-site. We saw some of the best, and the worst of him during this period. And we loved him harder than ever during the last year of his life.

I sat by my Mother's bedside durig her last weeks. I saw her beg for water as she wasn't allowed it due to her lungs filling with fluid. We could only give her ice chips, by doctor's orders. She was greatful for them. It broke our hearts. And then, finally, she passed from mortality. And we knew that she was in a place where she would never thirst again, or feel the pain of a failing mortal body.

Yes, what you go through is heart-breaking, and feels like it is tearing your spirit apart. But you get through it and life goes on. You still take care of the other people in your life, as you should. And the person, be it your morther, your son, sister, brother, or dad, they want you to be strong, and happy, and not feel sorry for them. They come to accept the inevitable, because they have no choice. And they come to know that there is a place awaiting them on the other side of mortality.

And us, the people left behind feel a great emptiness when they are gone. We feel a whole gamut of emotions, ranging from gut-wrinching sorrow, to anger, to great love, to sympathy for the others who share our grief, and finally, to a sense of calm, remembering the love of our Celestial Father, to whom our departed have gone to. And we know that they feel no more pain, and that they look forward to seeing us again, in the future, when we too pass from mortality. And we know that they are visiting loved ones who have gone before them, re-uniting with family and freinds.

Life goes on for us, and we keep the memories strong, and take little pieces from our loved ones, a favorite airplane model, or a piece of archery equipment that they used, or a special shirt, whatever it may be that will help keep the memory alive. Myself, I chose to adopt some of my parents' personalities into myself, some little thing they did consistantly in their life, like cooking eggs in bacon grease, splashing it over top of the egg until the membraned covering the yolk turned pink (that was my Step-father's favorite kind of egg), or tying fishing flies (my Dad did that), or making date-filled cookies at Christmas (from my Mother). These things help me keep in touch with them.

If John pulls through, then that is a blessing that you will cherish. If he doesn't, then cherish the fact that mortality is a temporary thing for all of us, and that we can be re-united in the after-life. The seperation isn't final. And in the time between, we can hold on to each other through memories and actions. Remember the life, not the death. And love each other with every fiber of your being.

You and your family will weather this crisis, and will come out shining in the end of it all, because of the strength of your family, and your beliefs.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I told Kevin to tell him tomorrow that "Mom is strong..don't worry about her"....a little white lie won't hurt..will it?
You are stronger than you know Marge. It is never weakness to hurt for your children. I can't even pretend to know what you are going through right now. All I can do is offer my prayers and support. If there is ever anything James and I can do for you, we will do it in a heartbeat.

Love,
Barbara

Marge, please please don't give up. There are so many prayers going up and God grants miracles every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom