Congrats are in order......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
A year ago today i was in hospital with 100% renal failure. After a six day stint in "Le Hotel D'Riverhead" I have been sober for a full year. Congratulations to ME!!!!!!!:punk::w00t2::clap:

Way to go! I would love to there to bake your one year cake for you! I have done a few for men my DH worked with in a Recovery house a few years ago. It is such an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!:flowers:

:flowers::punk::clap: Way to go, Topaz!!! Are you on dialysis now?

Fortunatly no, they pulled me back from the brink, I was seeing a nephrologist{sp?} for 6 months. Now I have the all clear from her. Needless to say being in hospital was no fun and I have NEVER had so many people interested in my urine in my life. :huh:

Congratulations! I know how hard you have worked for this year. And here's hoping that many years follow, one day at a time.

A numbr of years ago I was dating a recovering alcholic. On Sunday morning, we would go to where he knew all the alcoholics gathered. He kept a gallon of cheap whiskey in his trunk with paper cups. He would give them all a shot to keep them alive until the liquor stores opened up. These were people who were really sick and needed a drink to stay alive. Sometimes we were too late and had to take someone to the ER. They were in the DT's. What got him sober was when he drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol. He maintained his sobriety for more than 20 years. Again, congratulations. This has been a hard year. I hope you get many more tokens. I am sure Dr. Bob and Bill are proud of you. :angel:

Congratulations! I know how hard you have worked for this year. And here's hoping that many years follow, one day at a time.

A numbr of years ago I was dating a recovering alcholic. On Sunday morning, we would go to where he knew all the alcoholics gathered. He kept a gallon of cheap whiskey in his trunk with paper cups. He would give them all a shot to keep them alive until the liquor stores opened up. These were people who were really sick and needed a drink to stay alive. Sometimes we were too late and had to take someone to the ER. They were in the DT's. What got him sober was when he drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol. He maintained his sobriety for more than 20 years. Again, congratulations. This has been a hard year. I hope you get many more tokens. I am sure Dr. Bob and Bill are proud of you. :angel:

Well thanks.......but throughout this year I never stepped into a room, I just never felt the need to. And truth be told.....It was not too hard, the first two months were the hardest. The rest.......GRAVY BABY!! :)

Well thanks.......but throughout this year I never stepped into a room, I just never felt the need to. And truth be told.....It was not too hard, the first two months were the hardest. The rest.......GRAVY BABY!! :)

Truth be told you had the pee scared outa you, right? Sometimes that's what it takes.
Same thing happened to me with smoking. I got the air scared outa me last year in a NYC hospital and I wondered if I'd live see home again. It's all motivation isn't it. :punk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom