"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 AM   #11
Executive Chef
Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Aside from the very, very occasional good quality cigar (more so in days of yore) I have never smoked. The number one reason had nothing to do with my style. It all comes down to the fact that I never wanted to become addicted to anything potentialy dangerous to my health. The second and equally important reason is that both my mom and sister have asthma, and I've seen first hand how it can worsen for them around smoke. I love them so much, and I could never subject them to having to be around smoke from my cigs.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Originally Posted by Dove

I thought the 13 meant you were 13 years old !!!
When I read that you smoked at one time I almost fell over! I really don't need another broken hip.
Dove, actually, I am 13 year old... (oh but don't fall over please I can't be responsible for any injury!!) as soon as I saw the signature by Aussiegirl I started to claim that I am 13 with 21 years of experience... Really, for better or worse I am afraid I never learned to grow up!!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #13
Contest Winner

Ok I am kinda different if you hadn't noticed by now, I smoked for 24 years. I thought I was cool at first, I smoked Lucky Strike non filters for the first two years, and then Dutch Treats, Little Cigars for a couple years, the last 20 years I smoked ultra lights whatever was on sale. 1 year and 4 months ago I gave them up for good. No Patches, No Magic. Just threw them away. Now for who I am, that would be very laid back, but my mind moves at warp factor 8.3 and I normally am thinking of two or three things at a time, not sure this is good but its the truth. When I focus on something I have a very narrow tunnel vision, this is not a good time to ask me questions !!!!!!! LOL > I hope that helps. See it, work for it, DO IT . Its just that simple. This guy has all his marbles, they are just playing different games !
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #14
Assistant Cook
Thank you all for your input. its been a help.

J.A. Cambece
jacambece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #15
Head Chef
I'm a smoker. Style? Well I work constantly...and not happy unless I am busy. I smoke "More Reds". I think that means I don't follow the crowds...(they are wrapped in brown paper rather than white). I have had a lot of people ask me why I smoke cigars....but they aren't cigars. lol.
You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.
KAYLINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:14 AM   #16
Originally Posted by Dove
I thought the 13 meant you were 13 years old !!!
I am the thirteen year old!! But I feel like I am more like 10, 11 or 12.