Connections Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mrsmac said:
Errr, is that real? I guess my answer would be catfish.:ermm:

To Middie Possum Pie

Recipes From www.cooks.com

CATFISH CASSEROLE

1 pkg. pie crust mix (or you can make your own)
1 catfish, cleaned & cut into strips (OR can use 2 cans tuna or 15 oz. can salmon)
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled & sliced thin
4 carrots, skinned & cut thin
3 onions, sliced thin
1 egg yolk, mixed with 1 tbsp. water

SAUCE:

1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika
2 c. milk

1. Fix pie crust, put in refrigerator until ready to use. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease inside of 2 quart baking dish and set aside.

2. Sauce: Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan, remove from heat, stir in flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Stirring until smooth. Stir in milk a little at a time, constantly stirring until there are no lumps.

3. Put sauce back on heat, stir until it thickens and comes to a boil. Cover and put aside. In a large pan with a small amount of water, cook carrots until tender, then drain. In same pan, add 2 tablespoons butter; add heat, place onions in and cook until brown. Remove from heat. 4. In casserole, put layer of potatoes and then carrots (use half of each) then catfish, or substitute; add half of sauce. Repeat potatoes, carrots then catfish. Put pie crust on top of casserole. Be sure to cut holes or slits in crust to relieve steam. Brush top of crust with egg yolk. Bake 30-40 minutes or until brown. VFA 125 FRAMP IMRL

POSSUM PIE

30 Ritz crackers, crushed
3 egg whites, beaten stiff
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. chopped nuts, pecans
1/2 pt. whipping cream or Cool Whip
1 (7 oz.) frozen coconut

Mix crackers, nuts and sugar. Fold in egg whites. Mix well. Add vanilla. Pour into greased pie plate. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Mix whipped cream with sugar or use Cool Whip. Put on top of pie. Sprinkle with coconut.

I saw tuna fish in there, so I'm going to say tuna melts :)
Thank heavens I thought you meant it had real possum in it!!!!
Me too, I couldn't imagine eating a possum, though sort of vicious they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom