Cookbooks of Actors & Actresses: Your Ratings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only "celebrity" cookbook I have, is by my grandmother's favorite comedienne, Zasu Pitts - The Candy Hits by Zasu Pitts. You'd have to be really old to know who she was - a silent film star, but then got into "talkies" LOL.

But she was, evidently, quite a well known cook; this book was published in 1963, and the first celebrity cookbook I know of. There are probably older ones, though. She was famous for having a round kitchen.

Her recipes are simple, and really good.

In good shape that candy cookbook is worth about $50.00!

It is a nice book to have in any cookbook collection!

Celebrity Chefs, I have Jamie Oliver, Emeril Lagasse and Justin Wilson cookbooks. I have used them many times, not really any favorite recipes, but I like the ideas they give me.

I wouldnt put Jamie Oliver in this bracket (well not actors/actresses anyway!), he is a professionally trained chef first who was discovered by a television producer when filming in the restaurant he worked in (River Cafe). He had a natural talent and was young and fresh and got his own tv programme, which was a smash hit. The rest is history. I have a lot of admiration for Jamie, he has such an infectious enthusiasm and he's a great chef.

Princess Fiona & Gravy Train,

Good Morning Ladies.

Chef Jamie Oliver´s book on some of the Mediterranean Cuisines, Italia, Greece, Iberian Peninsula, Turkey and Morocco is a wonderful photo journalistic culinary work, and his recipes are first hand authentic ...

Yes, he was one of the lucky ones, in which he was discovered by the Media & TV industries ...

*** I do know that he has been working with a native Italian ( Napoli I believe ) for numerous years in U.K. and has learnt the art of the Italian Kitchen with this master Chef from Italy.

I have never interviewed him, however, he is quite talented from what I can see.

Thanks for feedback Ladies.
Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
I don't have any celebrity cookbooks, but I saved some recipes that sounded good to me, which I found on the web, i.e. Sophia Loren's Tiramisu, a pasta dish from Pavarotti, & Carusso.

I enjoy following the annual menus for the Governor's Ball (following the Oscars), from Wolfgang Puck.

This year's menu:
Wolfgang Puck Governors Ball Menu and 3D Dessert

Some of the recipes from this year's event are on his site (i.e. the mac and cheese w/ truffles, chicken pot pie, etc., etc.), as well as some of his other signature dishes (smoked salmon pizza, etc.):

Gourmet Recipes by Wolfgang Puck

And the Dessert Pancakes he prepared for Brunch.

Last edited:
Tom Keller´s French Laundry

:) Good Morning,

There are uncountable books on the subject of gastronomy, culinary techniques, recipes and epicurism and travel, it is hard to keep up with them, more or less, find room to put anymore ...

The Larousse Gastronomique, The Joy of Cooking, Tom Keller´s French Laundry and Bocuse in Your Kitchen - Simple French Recipes for the Home Chef, are not all in this Celebrity Chef category; however, they are fabulous additions if you do not have them yet, in your library.

The 365 Day Menus of Gordon Ramsey, is phenomenal and offers an array of recipes, that shall surprise and reward.

Have nice wkend. :chef:

M.C.

I may change my mind about celebrity books. Trisha Yearwood's cooking looks pretty good and down home. I can't take Paula anymore. Trisha has a new show on The Food Network. I'll check it out.....

Sherry,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have to say, there are some well known chefs who are amazing and others, well, it is all a matter of individual view point.

I think José Andrés is a Genius with his Tapas ( Washington D.C. ) and Gordon Ramsey, is amazing with his 365 Menus Cookbook ... amongst others ...

Alice Waters and Tom Keller in California & Grant Achatz in Chicago are other very much admired Chefs of mine ...

Have nice Sunday.
Margi-

I wouldnt put Jamie Oliver in this bracket (well not actors/actresses anyway!), he is a professionally trained chef first who was discovered by a television producer when filming in the restaurant he worked in (River Cafe). He had a natural talent and was young and fresh and got his own tv programme, which was a smash hit. The rest is history. I have a lot of admiration for Jamie, he has such an infectious enthusiasm and he's a great chef.

I did mention him as a Celebrity Chef not an Actor. I have watched him for many years and know he is spectacular in and out of the kitchen.

Margi did amend to include Celebrity Chefs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom