Cooking classes for non-professionals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Omnidir

Assistant Cook
In the past 3 months, I have attended 3 cooking classes at local grocery stores. I live near Austin Texas. They have a variety of classes that teach from basic skills to sauces to breads to ethnic foods... There is one Professional Cooking school in town. but they do not offer short term, for the non-professional chef classes.

First was a cup-cake decorating class. The cupcakes and icing were perpared by the instructor, and we were given info on how to decorate. Got to sample the cupcakes as well as taking our artwork home. (Central market)

Second was a Soup making class.. total hands on. We made French onion soup, califlower soup, consume and Potato Leek soup. Got to take home all of the soup we made. (Whole Foods)

Third was a Comfort Foods cooking class. Demo only but we got to sample the foods.
Turkey Tetrazini (sp)
Hunters Lasagna
Chicken and Veggies
Chicken Pot Pie
Beef Tips and Noodles. (Central Market)

The classes were interactive, interesting and helped stimulate the cooking ideas.

What kind of non-professional classes are offered in your area? Have you attended them?

sure wish i had that here. there is a cooking school in san diego that is in with a kitchen supply store. too far for me to go. i have been cooking for thirty years or so but know there is always more to learn.

Back
Top Bottom