"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, jd. You seem to have a good sense of humor about it, but I'm sure it gets old. There's almost no greater joy than cooking with love for someone who appreciates it. I hope it gets better for you - maybe your wife can sit at the table and chop veggies, write up menus, or something to help her feel more involved in the daily meals...?
Great ideas. I've asked her to come up with menus, but she rarely does. If she did, then that'd make cooking easier. She only likes a few things to eat, though. She doesn't even like pasta. And we can only do Chinese takeout like once a month, as she doesn't really like it. Ever hear of someone who doesn't really care for Chinese?

My mom always carefully planned meals for 2 weeks. She'd start with a sheet of notebook paper and write out the daily menu on the left and then she'd write down on the right what she had to buy at the store organized by meats, produce, etc..

Then she'd tear off the daily menu and put it on the dridge.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #22
Head Chef

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjim68 View Post
Sounds to me like the problem is elsewhere. Food is just the excuse for the tantrum.
Yes I was thinking the same.

He doesn't sound supportive...perhaps he needs to appreciate more what you do. You sound like you could use more help. Just a thought - do you delegate chores? For example could he do a bit of cooking or at least have the occasional break from cooking.

Is he specific about what's not good with the meals? If so, perhaps we can rectify cookery faults for you here.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Yes I was thinking the same.

He doesn't sound supportive...perhaps he needs to appreciate more what you do. You sound like you could use more help. Just a thought - do you delegate chores? For example could he do a bit of cooking or at least have the occasional break from cooking.

Is he specific about what's not good with the meals? If so, perhaps we can rectify cookery faults for you here.
Post #3 in this thread indicates (at least to me) that Greeneyez's fiancÚ isn't the type to accept 'delegated chores' or help with cooking. Sounds like things aren't going his way and he's being a crybaby about it. Sad, with a new baby and all.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #24
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Post #3 in this thread indicates (at least to me) that Greeneyez's fiancÚ isn't the type to accept 'delegated chores' or help with cooking. Sounds like things aren't going his way and he's being a crybaby about it. Sad, with a new baby and all.
Perhaps we can help her out with the specific cookery faults then.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

I suspect it's beyond that, Creative. She's too tired to cook right now, but as she said, she had some decent cooking skills before the baby.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm not convinced there *are* specific cookery faults. I think he's unhappy that he doesn't have her undivided attention anymore and is finding fault as a way of expressing it.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #27
Master Chef

I think it is time to throw away that fiance. When my wife was pregnant and she could not deal with kitchen I just took over, some how I got stock in that kitchen, but it is a separate issue. One year olds take a lot of time. I am not surprised that your cooking s not up to par. You are too busy with baby, and baby is more important that cooking. Tell the fiance either to pitch in, or to shut up and eat what he served.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I think it is time to throw away that fiance. When my wife was pregnant and she could not deal with kitchen I just took over, some how I got stock in that kitchen, but it is a separate issue. One year olds take a lot of time. I am not surprised that your cooking s not up to par. You are too busy with baby, and baby is more important that cooking. Tell the fiance either to pitch in, or to shut up and eat what he served.
Amen, brother. The guy's being an insensitive a--. She gave him a child and deserves to be treated better.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #29
Head Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
Amen, brother. The guy's being an insensitive a--. She gave him a child and deserves to be treated better.

Tags
cook, cooking