Cooking has gone to crap, what?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry to hear that, jd. You seem to have a good sense of humor about it, but I'm sure it gets old. There's almost no greater joy than cooking with love for someone who appreciates it. I hope it gets better for you - maybe your wife can sit at the table and chop veggies, write up menus, or something to help her feel more involved in the daily meals...?

Great ideas. I've asked her to come up with menus, but she rarely does. If she did, then that'd make cooking easier. She only likes a few things to eat, though. She doesn't even like pasta. And we can only do Chinese takeout like once a month, as she doesn't really like it. Ever hear of someone who doesn't really care for Chinese?

My mom always carefully planned meals for 2 weeks. She'd start with a sheet of notebook paper and write out the daily menu on the left and then she'd write down on the right what she had to buy at the store organized by meats, produce, etc..

Then she'd tear off the daily menu and put it on the dridge.

Sounds to me like the problem is elsewhere. Food is just the excuse for the tantrum.
Yes I was thinking the same.

He doesn't sound supportive...perhaps he needs to appreciate more what you do. You sound like you could use more help. Just a thought - do you delegate chores? For example could he do a bit of cooking or at least have the occasional break from cooking.

Is he specific about what's not good with the meals? If so, perhaps we can rectify cookery faults for you here.

Yes I was thinking the same.

He doesn't sound supportive...perhaps he needs to appreciate more what you do. You sound like you could use more help. Just a thought - do you delegate chores? For example could he do a bit of cooking or at least have the occasional break from cooking.

Is he specific about what's not good with the meals? If so, perhaps we can rectify cookery faults for you here.

Post #3 in this thread indicates (at least to me) that Greeneyez's fiancé isn't the type to accept 'delegated chores' or help with cooking. ;) Sounds like things aren't going his way and he's being a crybaby about it. Sad, with a new baby and all.

Last edited:
Post #3 in this thread indicates (at least to me) that Greeneyez's fiancé isn't the type to accept 'delegated chores' or help with cooking. ;) Sounds like things aren't going his way and he's being a crybaby about it. Sad, with a new baby and all.
Perhaps we can help her out with the specific cookery faults then.

Perhaps we can help her out with the specific cookery faults then.

I suspect it's beyond that, Creative. She's too tired to cook right now, but as she said, she had some decent cooking skills before the baby.

I think it is time to throw away that fiance. When my wife was pregnant and she could not deal with kitchen I just took over, some how I got stock in that kitchen, but it is a separate issue. One year olds take a lot of time. I am not surprised that your cooking s not up to par. You are too busy with baby, and baby is more important that cooking. Tell the fiance either to pitch in, or to shut up and eat what he served.

I think it is time to throw away that fiance. When my wife was pregnant and she could not deal with kitchen I just took over, some how I got stock in that kitchen, but it is a separate issue. One year olds take a lot of time. I am not surprised that your cooking s not up to par. You are too busy with baby, and baby is more important that cooking. Tell the fiance either to pitch in, or to shut up and eat what he served.

Amen, brother. ;) The guy's being an insensitive a--. She gave him a child and deserves to be treated better.

Last edited:
Amen, brother. ;) The guy's being an insensitive a--. She gave him a child and deserves to be treated better.
agree.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom