Cooking in a heat wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shopping Again

There were none of the 'regulars' at the store today. They must be eating out or eating out of the microwave. Still the prices are not any cheaper when people don't shop. I normally have to go to store at least twice week. Once for disabled brother the other for my family. I do not want to resort to frozen prepared food if I can help it. someone suggested brats with slaw after I grill them. Giving it a try.

Can't believe the wine department. Most of the regular ones are almost depleted. ARe people drinking more rat her than eating?

Not only are you alone when you drive seems people don't want to waste their energy moving to talk to you. I t ry to wear as loose clothing as I can. There are some clothes especially for this kind of weather but I have to wash them sometime. Some of the gals asked me if I was wearing underwear in this weather? I don't know if they wanted to see my expression or if they were serious. I sure don't wear pantyhose in this heat.

don't even want the dog to go out.

Hope we survive! One thing catching up on tv shows. ****'s Kitchen is really good. Winner tomorrow night, I think.

The hotter it gets....the less appetite I have. I really cant stomach a heavy full blown cooked meal in the heat. I stick to light, cold foods or something quick that only requires one pan or pot and a short cooking time or I use the grill outside.

I might get in the mood to dirty up alot of pots and pans once every week or two.... so I just crank the A/C and turn on a small fan that I have on the kitchen counter, turn on cieling fans....and open a couple windows to blow out the heat for about 30 minutes to an hour.

Wear less clothes, take a dip in the pool, or take a cool shower. Drink a few ""COOL BEVERAGES"".....LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom