"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Many years ago I was going to a potluck in my housing complex and made a recipe from the Best of Bridge series of Cookbooks (a Canadian standard from Alix's neck of the woods). I make "Death to Dieter's Chicken Lasagne" (sorry I can't post the recipe) which has layers of chicken breasts, asparagus, hollandaise, etc. and is really good, but VERY time consuming.

Anyway, I spent all day making this thing and was really happy with it. I took it right out of the oven so that it could do its resting there and not get too cold. I put it on a marble cutting board (big stupid mistake!) and covered it with foil and a towel for the short journey outside. I was also wearing oven mitts with made tasks more difficult. I got out the door and was shutting it when the hot pan slipped out of the oven mitted hand and did a back flip in the air, dropping the lasagna upside down onto the cement. It was not salvageable. Being the perfectionist that I am, I couldn't go to the dinner without food so through teary eyes I threw together a pot of fettucine Alfredo and arrived a bit late.

Everyone was expecting the lasagna and were excited to try it (but were all very sympathetic and encouraging). So a few months later I had a "Don't Drop the Lasanga Party" and made three different kinds...including chicken! I think that was the start of my catering career!
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear that after all your hard work but glad that I'M not alone in the mishaps dept..........I've dropped many things over the years..........or nearly cut my fingers off.......pretty please......your lasagna recipe sounds wonderful....... can you send it to me privately????............pretty please???

Tags
cooking, mishap