Cooking show favorites and least favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
watch always:
the daily cook
rick steins food heroes
masterchef goes large
gordon ramsey 'anything'
bobby flay 'anything'
iron chef america
ina garten
30 minute meals
anything julia child
anything jacques pepin
top chef
h&!!$ kitchen
paula deen home cooking
cookin in brooklyn
campfire cook
anthony bourdain no reservations
license to grill
nigella 'anything'
michael chiarello 'anything'
lydia's 'anything'
pbs cooking shows/series
````````````
not so much:
emeril 'anything' anymore
mario batali 'anything' anymore
sandra lee semi homemade
sarah ''any rate'' molten anything
mcdavid 'anything'
duff cake decorating 'anything'
challenges of any sort
ming 'anything' anymore
healthy cooking of any sort
alton brown 'good eats' anymore
dog cooking cafe/bakery
tyler florence 'anything' anymore

I've missed some but list what you like or don't like if you're viewing foodie shows.

Last edited:
Favorite: Good Eats by Alton Brown! No other show quite like it, in my opinion.

Least Favorites: Anthing Sandra Lee..

Last edited:
Favorites: Kitchen Chemistry, Good Eats, Rick Stiens Travels, and I rather enjoyed Malto Mario. The Great Chefs Series. No Reservations.

And IF we can include radio shows, The Splendid Table on NPR, LOVE IT!

LEAST FAVES: Anything Rachel Ray or Emeril(ducks and covers), and that Sandra Lee lady, she just irks me.

Last edited:
I still like Mario Batali and Tyler Florence. Kyle Kwong over on BBC or TLC or Home, and Chef at Home. Iron CHef, GOrdon Ramsay, Top CHef, are all fine as is Dinner Impossible, No reservations,

Do not care for the Emeril, Rachel, Paula programs, the crock pot cooks, the canned soup queens etc. I know they have their place and I have my clicker. I wish PBS would show more of their cooking on Sundays as they used to. I'm not free on Sat so I miss it all.

Ace of Cakes, Throwdown with Bobby Flay and Paula's Party have become my favorites lately.

I used to like Alton Brown more, before he was guest judge on "Next Food Network Star". IMHO, he came off being a jerk on those episodes. Still, "Good Eats" is a great show, very informative. I like learning about how and why things work the way they do.

I can't stand overenthusiasm, so Emeril and Rachael Ray are out for me. I still watch Paula Deen from time to time, but she can be a bit much at times, too. I also can't stand that "Semi-Homemade" show. I'm sorry, but to me, a lot of the stuff she cooks looks like crap. She also relies way too much on processed foods and sugar. I don't believe that anyone who looks like her actually eats that way.

I kind of enjoy "Ace of Cakes". My son likes "Unwrapped", so I watch that with him sometimes. I also like "Barefoot Contessa", that show with Nigella (can't remember the name) and Michael Chiarello. There's a show that I think might be local called "Sam the Cooking Guy" and it's good, too.

I like nearly all of the BBC shows...especially one that is apparently a couple years old called "The Best".
I also watch "Bizarre Foods", while not a cooking show in the strict sense, it is still interesting.

watch always:
the daily cook
rick steins food heroes
masterchef goes large
gordon ramsey 'anything'
bobby flay 'anything'
iron chef america
ina garten
30 minute meals
anything julia child
anything jacques pepin
top chef
h&!!$ kitchen
paula deen home cooking
cookin in brooklyn
campfire cook
anthony bourdain no reservations
license to grill
nigella 'anything'
michael chiarello 'anything'
lydia's 'anything'
pbs cooking shows/series
````````````

Watch ALWAYS ???????

You have too much free time. :wacko:

Watch ALWAYS ???????

You have too much free time. /quote]

Oh quite the contrary, I don't have that much free time, but I do have many rooms in my home:blink: and when here, all the televisions are always turned on to the same thing, :LOL:food/cooking/baking/kitchen stuff. So, folding laundry, doing dishes, typing midterms, washing floors/sweeping/cleaning or whatever, I can hear or see all desired.
Now when on the road, funny thing is, even in hotels they have televisions.:ohmy::clap:and Bowlingshirt, this 'is' a foodie forum after all:shifty:

My favorites are Top Chef, Ming's Travel Show, Paula, Bobby, Tyler's Ultimate, Iron Chef, Guys Big Bite, Good Eats, Nigella and Ina. Besides just cooking I like Feasting on Asphalt, Dinner Impossible, and Throwdown.

I do not like Sandra Lee, Robin's make everything for a week on Sunday show, or the new Latino show on FN.

Alton Brown's Good Eats... even my boyfriend likes that one. Also like his Feasting on Asphalt series.

Some of the challenges can be good - especially any having to do with confections.

Rachel Ray is good on occasion. Although a little of her goes a long way.

While I like a lot of the recipes and ideas on Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten herself annoys me. She's too... 'mellow'.

One of my new faves is Dinner Impossible. Somehow, Robert's kind of grown on me. Plus I love seeing him pull off the challenges.

but I do have many rooms in my home:blink: and when here, all the televisions are always turned on to the same thing, :LOL:food/cooking/baking/kitchen stuff. So, folding laundry, doing dishes, typing midterms, washing floors/sweeping/cleaning or whatever, I can hear or see all desired.

GEEZ, I do the same thing - There can be 5 TV's going at once when I'm cleaning! :blush:

Boy, no one likes Sandra - she doesn't bother me much - and sometimes I think she has some good ideas for "quick easy". I really like Michael Chiarello, Paula, Giada, sometimes Rachel too. I can take Alton in small doses, sometimes I find myself wandering while he is talking. I don't like Iron Chef-way too stressful. Boy, I sound opinionated, sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom